Post Only not working

Post Only isn’t working (example message shown below) and I am only able to take when using the Advanced Trade API

{
            'client_order_id': str(placement_id),
            'product_id': self.format_pair(pair),
            'side': self.format_side(side),
            'order_configuration': {
                'limit_limit_gtc': {
                    'base_size': str(adjusted_qty),
                    'limit_price': str(price),
                    **'post_only': True,**
                }
            }
        }

Hello @treadfi! Welcome to the forum! We appreciate your interest in trying out the Coinbase API! We can see here that you’re utilizing the Advance Trade /orders endpoint, however encountering some issues. For us to investigate further, we’ll need you to provide us first with the following information regarding your concern:

• Can you provide more details when you said “Post Only isn’t working (example message shown below) and I am only able to take when using the Advanced Trade API?”
  • Also can you please provide a code snippet including URL and parameters that you used when creating the limit order?

Once we receive these details, we’ll work to quickly address your concern. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

2 Likes

post_only works well for me.

Hi @dpkw! We’re glad to know that the post_only parameter on the /orders endpoint works well for you. We would really appreciate it if you could share the steps you took in order for this to work. Thanks in advance!

1 Like