[feedback] General feedback regarding to documentation and API inconsistencies

First of all, thanks for the effort. In my journey to migrate my apps, I found some bugs (already reported) and took note of some general feedback that I’m posting below for your consideration:

1. list_orders endpoint: limit is marked as optional in the documentation, however, if you don’t set some value, you will get an error.
  2. I’m wondering if the create_order and get_order endpoints should return more similar response objects.
  3. Sometimes, the errors don’t provide too much information, and it’s hard to know what was wrong with a bad request. See the example below:
text: '{"error":"INVALID_ARGUMENT","error_details":"order has been rejected","message":"order has been rejected"}'
  1. Different error response models between accounts and orders endpoints.
  2. Inconsistencies between get_product response and get_order/get_account response. For get_product, the response object is a dict; however, for get_order and get_account, the response contains a field to access to the dict representing the account/order.
  3. get_product_candles time format is expected as UNIX timestamps. For other endpoints, it needs to be in some specific ISO format (see list_orders as an example). Can we unify the format for date/time input?
  4. There are differences between the example response and the documented response. See get_trades as examples.
  5. best_bid and best_ask is not documented in get_trades response.

I hope this can help improve the API endpoints.

1 Like

Hello @fox89! We highly appreciate your enthusiasm and continuous support as we migrate from Coinbase Pro to the new Advanced Trade APIs. Please note that we have taken all of your listed concerns about the inconsistencies in the documentation and APIs, and rest assured that we will tag this as feedback with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features and improvements, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

Again, we highly appreciate the initiative and effort that you take in bringing all these to our attention. We hope to see more of you as we continue to build an informative yet friendly community in our Developer Forum.

Thank you and have a great day!