502 Bad gateway

I’ve been receiving a lot of 502 bad gateway errors lately. I noticed that there was another topic open but that was from a very long time ago. I’m receiving the 502 bad gateway errors on multiple endpoints and it happens randomly. I’ve got a retry mechanism in my code which sometimes “solves” the issue by doing the query another time after waiting for 1 second.

Are other people also experiencing 502 bad gateway responses? I’ve spoken to their twitter support but they said they have no issues on their end.

I haven’t done any code updates for the last month, so I would find it strange if my code became corrupt out of nowhere.

Seems to be getting worse in the last few hours. More frequent 502s.

1 Like

I see the same. It started a couple of days ago and seems random but consistent: it happens anywhere between 1 and 15 first API calls. Increasing pause between API calls does not help.

I use V3, for example:
https://api.coinbase.com/api/v3/brokerage/products/BTC-USD/candles?granularity=ONE_HOUR&start=1696752965&end=1697829365

Same for me. Today has been the worst, but I have been sporadically getting the 502 Bad Gateway response for about the past week. Seeing it about every other call for the ‘/api/v3/brokerage/products’ endpoint, but many others as well.

I don’t get how this is even possible…

/api/v3/brokerage/products worked for me for a few minutes this morning and then it’s been down all day.

I see this on the web page my app spits up:

We're having connection issues
We're looking into it right now. Please try again later. Your funds are safe.

Who exactly is looking into it? Usually a 502 is the front end proxy/load balancer. Can’t someone just reboot those machines? I guess api is not a high priority.

There’s definitely a dead node somewhere in the deployment that the load balancer is sending traffic to once in a while, that is certain – I see 65 [502 Bad Gateway] failures in the last 9 hours. Doesn’t seem like the API systems get much attention.

I am also having the same problem as everyone else here. I seem to only have a problem with the historical data endpoint. I don’t have a problem with one day granularity, but any other granularity returns a 502 error. I can get account information and order information without any problem. I thought this was due to the time between calls, but as someone else has mentioned here, the time between calls doesn’t seem to matter.

I am also having the same issue. How in the hell has this not yet been addressed? This is indeed an issue with cloudflare as the response shows the below details:
<meta name=“cloudflare” content=“::CAPTCHA_BOX:: ::IM_UNDER_ATTACK_BOX::

\n

Bad gateway

\n

The web server reported a bad gateway error.

\n
    \n
  • Ray ID: 819ac4204dde0229
  • \n
  • Your IP address: redacted
  • \n
  • Error reference number: 502
  • \n
  • Cloudflare Location: Zurich
  • \n
\n
\n ::CLOUDFLARE_ERROR_1000S_BOX:: ::ALWAYS_ONLINE_NO_COPY_BOX::”>\n

I have experienced this issue for the past three days at least.

I am also having the same problem. This happens with more than 1 API call

I’m also encountering 502 bad gateway errors for the candlesticks and ticker endpoints. It’s happening for more than 90% of my requests

i’m getting 502s on https://api.coinbase.com/api/v3/brokerage/orders/historical and https://api.coinbase.com/api/v3/brokerage/accounts. It would be nice if http://status.coinbase.com reported there was an issue when this is occurring.

coinbase web based trading the browser is not having any issues, so can support please share with us how to work around this issue?

Confirmed. This is happening more frequently now across a number of Advanced Trade API resources intermittently. Increased frequency of calls to compensate for the error rate. This shouldn’t be needed but this is the only way to overcome this issue at the moment.

Hello all, Thanks for reaching out to us about this. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on getting everything back to normal as soon as possible. Although we don’t have an estimated time to resolution, we recommend that you periodically check your account to see if the issue has been resolved.

Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

The 502 bad gateway errors seem to have stopped for me. Thank you for your attention to this problem.

1 Like