Will USDC-EUR markets stay or be removed?

I’ve noticed the announcement that in a few days USDC and USD markets will be unified on Pro and you’ll only be able to trade USDC on Coinbase.
However, does this include USDC-EUR markets? If so, please reconsider, because it will make it impossible for European customers to programmatically buy/sell USDC. USDC is crucial to my app and I really don’t wanna take last resorts.

Hello @titanfeleris ! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

3 Likes

Hi @titanfeleris! Thank you for being patient while we address your concern.

This is to confirm that the USDC-EUR market is not included. All USDC books apart from FIAT pairings will be removed so USDC-EUR will still be there.

We hope this clarifies!

3 Likes

Hi @titanfeleris,

We’ve just received another update on this from the Product team. Unfortunately they have decided that the USDC/EUR pairing will also be removed. There are a number of reasons for this, primarily to do with reduced liquidity for USDC leading to a poor experience for international traders.

In order to continue using a FIAT to Stablecoin pairing you can use USDT/EUR instead, as that pairing will still be around. You can also still swap USDC for EUR on coinbase.com

My apologies for the late change in this decision.

2 Likes

I don’t understand, what can be a worse experience for international traders other than making the 2nd largest stablecoin unavailable for trading (or force 10x to 40x bigger fees)?
This exchange is a joke.
Have a nice day.