Coinbase Exchange API - Shutting Down

Over the past year I have been developing software which utilizes the Coinbase Exchange API.
Coinbase recently announced the pending removal of USDT trading from the exchange. As a Canadian citizen, I see no other way I can trade any of the Cryptocurrency’s on this exchange?

This renders the software useless in Canada and impossible for me to continue developing. 1000s of development and debugging hours wasted.

Hi @Dev2 Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback!
We’ve logged your feedback about recently announced the pending removal of USDT trading from the exchange with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.
If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover
We hope this is helpful, and please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hey @Dev2, thanks so much for providing this feedback! I wanted to share with you that as a Canadian user, you can still leverage our platform without the presence of USDT. Within Exchange, you can opt into a feature called “USD and USDC Unification” via the profile settlement page. If you were to opt into USDC settlement, you can trade using your USDC on all USD denominated books, and we will automatically settle your trades back to USDC! I hope you find this helpful!

1 Like