Webhook Notifications not working

Following the instructions at here,
I have generated an API key and set up a webhook URL.

I and my friend check by transferring money back and forth (by BTC) but the webhook doesn’t seem to work.
My webhook is not receiving any requests.

Then I made a call to the API https://api.coinbase.com/v2/notifications but the data was empty

I don’t know what I did wrong. Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @hieuntg81 ! Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. It seems like the transfer you mentioned was made off-chain. Transactions sent off-chain and/or to an email address, for example, won’t generate any notifications. You will only receive notifications once a new payment/transfer has been made on-chain and for a crypto address.

We hope this helps.

4 Likes

Hi @jewel-ssi !
Is there any other way my webhook can get notification when my Coinbase wallet receive funds from another Coinbase wallet

Thanks for your support!

2 Likes

Hi @hieuntg81! Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into your query. As what we have initially stated, users will only receive notifications once a new payment/transfer has been made on-chain and for a crypto address . Hence, when your Coinbase wallet receives funds from another Coinbase wallet through an on-chain transaction, then you should be able to get a notification. Otherwise, we regret to inform you that we currently do not have a workaround for receiving notifications for off-chain transactions. You can visit the link for further reference on currently supported notifications.

We hope this helps! Please feel free to reach us if you have further questions. Have a good day!