New Commerce product is pretty bad

Coming from Bitpay, I’ve been a fairly happy user of Coinbase Commerce or a few years. Aside from Coinbase abandoning and not maintaining any of their SDK’s and not having great or complete documentation.

But now that Coinbase switched the entire thing over to this “Payment Protocol” version of Commerce the entire product is unusable. This new version has single handedly reduced the conversion rate of my checkout process. Native BTC is gone, which most users paid with since a lot of people are not familair enough with crypto to try anything else.

In the past a user was presented with a few currencies to choose from, they got an amount and an address to send the balance to and bob’s your uncle.

Now they have to choose between all these wallet options and there’s no amount/address shown anywhere. Users are almost forced to have a Coinbase account for this to work properly. I left Bitpay years ago precisely because of this reason.

IMHO this is a suicide move and I cannot comprehend why the product got intentionally messed up this way. will be taking my business elsewhere. I think many will opt to go the same route in the very near future.

To add to this, there is no way to turn off emails when a payment has been done. So now I have a mailbox flooding with useless e-mails.

3 Likes

I was sad to see the major changes and am still confused about why native BTC is prohibited. That indeed seems ridiculous and counter to what cryptocurrency is all about. I have been holding off on upgrading my account and am fretting about the repercussions of doing so. Unfortunately, I have only a few days remaining of the good life until I am forced onto this regressed experience. :boom::sob:

2 Likes

I can totally relate with your situation, the new update is absolute garbage, users are completely clueless about how to pay with the new update. Since the update (over 1 month) I’ve received ZERO payments, earlier I used to receive at least 3 payments per week. please suggest me an alternative option.

1 Like

I am using both Coinbase and Plisio now. Don’t like Plisio too much, kinda slow and no way to test webhooks etc. but once you get it setup it does work.

Using the new CB Commerce for anything other than BTC, LTC, Monero now but getting less payments than before. It might change as of today since the BTC halving skyrocketed txn fees.

IMHO CB Commerce should at least offer the Lightning network.

1 Like

1000% agree…

When i recieve payments NOW, its sent to a “Web3” wallet, in my coinbase account… Ok cool?
But ive spoke with 4 diff Live Chat agents on how i can “Sell” and “Withdrawl” that money. That money is still sitting there, doing nothing cause nobody can tell me what “matic” i need to do just that.

If anybody here has a solution im all ears. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

1 Like

Yeah to get stuff out of the Polygon network you need to have MATIC to pay for transaction fees. I had to buy some lol.

Seeing the lack of a reply here, and the abandonment of their SDKs. It shows Coinbase clearly doesn’t care about this product.

1 Like

To make matters worse, it appears that, due to a bug, you can no longer use Coinbase accounts to make purchases :man_facepalming:

CRYPTO FUNDS RECOVERY COMPANY → REVENANT CYBER HACKER

All Thanks to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, they have done an incredible testimony that keeps on trending in the heart of everyone who has been able to benefit from its service of funds recovery or mobile remote spy authorization, just like having the key to someone’s heart, get back lost property or finance is a very joyful wonderous moment well deserve to be celebrated, we lose $861,899.11USD, we lent higher part of that money with the hope of paying it in a short while simply because we were told that our investment is insured and profit is guaranteed

Email: revenantcyberhacker@gmail (DOT) com

Telegram: @revenantcyberhacker

Whatsapp: +1 (913) 820-0739

My Incredible Recovery of $55,000 in Stolen Bitcoin through the wonderful skills of Folkwin Expert Recovery was nothing short of a miracle. It all started when I realized that my Bitcoin wallet had been hacked and my entire life savings of $55,000 in Bitcoin had been stolen right out from under me. I was devastated, thinking there was no way I’d ever see that money again. In a desperate attempt, I searched online for any possible solution and came across Folkwin Expert Recovery. At first I was skeptical that they could really recover stolen cryptocurrency, but I had nothing to lose so I contacted them. The Folkwin Expert Recovery experts were incredibly knowledgeable and walked me through their proprietary process of tracking down the stolen funds. They employed advanced forensic techniques to follow the blockchain trail and identify the hacker’s wallet address that my Bitcoin had been transferred to. Their tenacity and technical capabilities were unparalleled. After weeks of tireless work, they finally pinpointed the location of my stolen Bitcoin. Through their connections and some quasi-legal maneuvers, they were miraculously able to regain control of the hacker’s wallet and return my $55,000 in Bitcoin back to me. I was in shock that they actually pulled it off! I never thought I’d see that money again, but thanks to Folkwin Expert Recovery’s brilliant skills, I got back every last cent. Their services are worth 10 times what they charged. I am eternally grateful to them for recovering my life savings when all seemed lost. Folkwin Expert Recovery gave me back my financial security and peace of mind. They are true masters of cryptocurrency recovery. After falling victim to a cryptocurrency theft that saw $55,000 of Bitcoin vanish into the digital abyss, all hope seemed lost. However, through the innovative services of Folkwin Expert Recovery, a glimmer of hope emerged. Milestones in the recovery process included tracing the stolen funds through intricate blockchain analysis, identifying the perpetrators, and navigating legal channels to reclaim what was rightfully mine. Breakthroughs came in the form of uncovering hidden wallets and leveraging cutting-edge technology to reverse the digital heist. Email them on this INFO:==> FOLKWINEXPERTRECOVERY @ TECH-CENTER dot COM , INFO:==> WEBSITE: W WW.FOLKWINEXPERTRECOVERY.COM
INFO:==> TELEGRAM: @FOLKWIN_EXPERT_RECOVERY

Thanks,
Miss Amelia Ingram.

I NEED A HACKER TO RECOVER BACK MY STOLEN BITCOIN WITH BRUNOE QUICK HACK

I am eternally grateful to Brunoe Quick Hack for their exceptional service in recovering my stolen cryptocurrency. From the moment I reached out to them, their team of experts made me feel heard, understood, and supported. Their unwavering dedication and relentless pursuit of justice gave me the confidence to trust in their abilities. Thanks to the unparalleled skills and secure methods of Brunoe Quick Hack, I successfully reclaimed my funds, ensuring a brighter future for myself and my loved ones. If you’re facing a similar situation, I would appreciate you putting your faith in Brunoe Quick Hack’s unrivaled expertise and letting them guide you toward the resolution you deserve.
WhatsApp… + (1) 705. 784. 2635
Gmail… brunoequickhack AT GMAIL (DOT) COM
Website… brunoequickhack (.) COM

When my life savings of 91,000 bitcoin was stolen by hackers, I felt utterly devastated. As a cryptocurrency investor and early adopter, I had worked hard over many years to build up my Bitcoin holdings. Losing it all felt like my world was crashing down, leaving me financially ruined and emotionally distraught. I didn’t know if I’d ever recover from such a massive loss. That’s when I turned to Trust Geeks Hack Expert widely regarded as the foremost expert in cryptocurrency recovery. Their team of ethical hackers and blockchain analysts went to work, using their unparalleled skills to track down the stolen coins. It was a complex process involving following a tangled web of transactions across multiple exchanges and wallets. However with their sophisticated tracking methods, Trust Geeks Hack Expert was able to pinpoint the hackers’ accounts. After months of tireless work, they succeeded in regaining access to my lost bitcoin holdings. I cannot express how grateful I am to the team at Trust Geeks Hack Expert . Their perseverance and technical brilliance gave me back my financial security after such a devastating theft. They are true masters of cryptocurrency recovery, able to unravel even the most complex cybercrimes. I will be forever thankful that Trust Geeks Hack Expert was there in my time of need. Their services gave me back my peace of mind and restored my faith in the goodness of others. Crafting a recovery plan with the Trust Geeks Hack Expert experts felt like strategizing for a high-stakes mission with a squad of elite commandos. Each step of the plan was meticulously thought out, leveraging the latest tools and techniques in the arsenal of cyber recovery. The collaborative effort between the team at Trust Geeks Hack Expert and the victim of the theft felt like a symphony of synchronized efforts, harmonizing towards the common goal of retrieving the stolen $91,000 in Bitcoin from the clutches of cyber criminals. To learn more about Trust Geeks Hack Expert go through their E.m.a.i.l:: trustgeekshackexpert(AT)fastservice(DOT)come

Have a good day.

HackSavvy Technology: A Miracle of my 21,000 bitcoin Recovery

I never thought I would see my beloved bitcoins again after the devastating hard drive crash that wiped out my entire digital wallet. Over 21,000 bitcoins, gone in an instant. Years of investing and mining, vanished without a trace. I was devastated beyond words. Those precious coins represented my hopes and dreams - early retirement, financial freedom, and security for my family. After the crash, I frantically searched for data recovery experts, desperate to salvage my priceless crypto cache. One by one they came back empty-handed, unable to break through the corrupted drive’s encrypted barriers. My hopes faded as each recovery attempt failed. Then I found HackSavvy Technology. Their cryptographic data retrieval technology worked magic, carefully reconstructing the damaged drive’s firmware layer by layer. Their patient, brilliant engineers never gave up, delicately unraveling the intricate encryption like master locksmiths. After weeks of round-the-clock work, HackSavvy Technology emerged triumphant. My jaw dropped as I saw the recovery totals: 21,543 bitcoins found! It was a miracle - my life’s work was restored in full. I wept with joy as I sent heartfelt thanks to those HackSavvy Technology magicians. With my bitcoins back, my dreams are alive again. I owe everything to HackSavvy Technology and their miraculous crypto treasure resurrection. My financial future is secured thanks to their techno-sorcery. They are the heroes who brought my bitcoins back from the virtual grave. I am forever grateful. Get HackSavvy Technology on your side by emailing: contactus@ hacksavvytechnology .com and contacts by WhatsApp : +7 999 829‑50‑38 .