API for Refunds?

Does Coinbase Commerce support the refund function via API? I do not see any mention of it anywhere.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide here.

Hello @Mike-E. Thank you for taking an interest in our Coinbase API services. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

3 Likes

Hello @Mike-E! We appreciate your interest in this matter. Unfortunately, a Refund feature is currently not available in Coinbase Commerce API. On the other hand, you may post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you @Lioness & @LaRisa for your assistance on this matter. I have created an issue here as requested:

I’d like to share my enduring appreciation for all your great work on these forums. You and your team are doing commendable work here. :+1::pray:

4 Likes

I forgot my mnemonic, the customer paid a large amount of eth, and there was no refund function, so I couldn’t withdraw it

1 Like

Whoa… kind of a nightmare scenario there :weary:

1 Like

Hi, is there any update on the refunds API?

2 Likes

I second this. This is critical functionality.

1 Like

As we’re dealing with a team that hasn’t been able to implement basic functionality to their own published API for nearly four years, I would not be holding my breath over this – or really any sort of improvements until the market turns positive (if it does).

Hello @shakthi and @Skoot! We’ve logged this concern as a feature request and our internal teams are at work so we can continue improving our user experience. Unfortunately, we cannot provide an ETA for this but rest assured that this is already noted.

Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

We really appreciate you for bringing this up to our attention. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, you already have refund option on the dashboard. Why can’t you simply expose the API for the same functionality?

2 Likes

Hello @shakthi! As much as we like to immediately implement the features our customers would like to have, please know that an internal process has been made to carefully evaluate and assess features before actual implementation. Rest assured that this has been taken care of and communicated to the relevant team. Thank you for your patience and have a great day!