Few questions for Commerce accounts to get our devs started on an integration

Went through all the help docs and tutorials for coinbase commerce - I think I have a decent grasp of what’s going on. A few questions still:

1. Looks like payments settle to commerce forwarding contract unless set up a managed account. So basically there is no way to auto-settle to a hardware wallet or merchant designated wallet?

2. Google Drive Backup doesn’t appear to be working

3. Without a completed managed coinbase KYC Application/Account, there is no way to auto-convert crypto payments into say USDC. Is there a way to somehow withdraw crypto balances from commerce wallet/contracts programatically without withdrawing to coinbase exchange wallets?

3b. If there is no way to avoid the coinbase exchange account from the managed merchant account, is there a way to set up API access to programatically withdraw balances from the exchange account to say an on-chain hardware wallet? Or will we need to go in manually to the exchange account to process withdrawals…

1. Is there a way to edit the 1hr time limit to something shorter? We are a rental marketplace, as bookings are paid for, they need to be removed from the marketplace to avoid double bookings. We could change the checkpoint for availability to the beginning of a transaction rather than a successful one, but this would require making a separate handler for crypto payments. But if time window were shorter - like 5-10 minutes, we could probably get away with this for awhile.

2. I really like the idea of there being the forwarding contract to facilitate the P2P side of the transaction. General question - the Coinbase commerce API however is a central point of failure. Is there a possible way to make this part of it self-hosted? Does this even make sense?

3. Can I denominate in another currency? or is there a list of supported currencies?

Hi @Skoot! Welcome to the Coinbase Cloud Developer’s forum! We understand that you went through all the documentation and tutorials for Coinbase Commerce and still have a few questions. In order for us to ensure that we are on the same page, we need you to provide us first with the following information:

1. Looks like payments settle to commerce forwarding contract unless set up a managed account. So basically there is no way to auto-settle to a hardware wallet or merchant designated wallet?

3b. If there is no way to avoid the coinbase exchange account from the managed merchant account, is there a way to set up API access to programatically withdraw balances from the exchange account to say an on-chain hardware wallet? Or will we need to go in manually to the exchange account to process withdrawal.

• Can you please elaborate on what you meant when you say “hardware wallet/merchant designated wallet” and “forwarding contract”?

• We notice that these questions are related, can you please confirm with us that you’re asking if there is a way to programmatically withdraw balances from your Coinbase or Coinbase Pro account (whichever you choose your funds will be deposited) to a hardware wallet/merchant designated wallet? Otherwise, please provide further details.

2. Google Drive Backup doesn’t appear to be working

• Are you trying to backup your seed phrase? Otherwise, please specify.
  3. Is there a way to edit the 1hr time limit to something shorter? We are a rental marketplace, as bookings are paid for, they need to be removed from the marketplace to avoid double bookings. We could change the checkpoint for availability to the beginning of a transaction rather than a successful one, but this would require making a separate handler for crypto payments. But if time window were shorter - like 5-10 minutes, we could probably get away with this for awhile.

• Based on the documentation, Coinbase set an expiration time for the charge, which is currently 1 hour after the creation date. There is no way to shorten the expiration time as Coinbase Commerce continuously monitors each blockchain network for a payment
  4. I really like the idea of there being the forwarding contract to facilitate the P2P side of the transaction. General question - the Coinbase commerce API however is a central point of failure. Is there a possible way to make this part of it self-hosted? Does this even make sense?

• What do you mean when you said “central point of failure”? Can you provide more details of your idea of self-hosted?

• Please demonstrate your use case?

5. Can I denominate in another currency? or is there a list of supported currencies?

• When you say “denominate”, do you mean to convert cryptocurrency to another?

• For the list of supported cryptocurrencies, you may visit this link.

Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you and have a great day!

I’m going to assume this is some sort of AI Bot that is responding to my original message? Maybe we can get a human to answer some of these Q’s and I can elaborate where necessary.

Hello @Skoot, good day! We want to let you know that Coinbase representatives in the Coinbase Cloud Developer Forum do not utilize AI bots in providing support. The clarifying questions posed earlier are provided by support agents of Coinbase, uniquely curated for your inquiry. We need that information to better understand and help you with your concern. Hoping to hear from you soon.

1 Like

My original post was responded to with 8 additional questions including 'What do I mean by “hardware wallet” and what “denominate” means. Not the level of support I’m looking for tbh. I think I’ll go ahead and chalk this one up as a loss for now.

Hello @Skoot! We understand that this is not the level of support you are expecting. However, please note that support may still require users for clarifications of their concerns in order for us to answer your questions accordingly. Rest assured that once we have all the information we requested above, we will quickly address your concern.

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this.