Network doesn't exist during POST /coinbase-accounts/my-account-id/addresses

Calling POST https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/coinbase-accounts/my-account-id/addresses

with body {“account_id”:“my-account-id”,“network”:“avalanche”}

results in this error {“message”:“Network doesn’t exist”}

Anyone have ideas why?

Hello @kinog! Welcome to the Coinbase Cloud Developer’s Forum!

For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello there @kinog! After consulting your issue with the team, we have found out that the default network for Avalanche is not avalanche, but it is termed as avacchain. Please input this into the body parameter of your request and this would now return a 200 OK response.

We hope we were able to provide guidance with regards to your concern. Thank you!

3 Likes

Thanks @Faker . Can you provide full list of valid networks tags for reference so we can avoid this issue with other blockchains.

1 Like

Hi @kinog! In order for you to determine the valid networks for your desired currencies, you may use the Get all known currencies endpoint in which it would return all known currencies and their respective default networks. You may confirm this by using Avalanche as an example and its default network is avacchain.

2 Likes