Handling addresses transactions

Hi, I’m developing a hobby project. I want to get feedback on my idea, because I might be using coinbase API incorrectly.

Idea: Each user in my application has a unique LTC address, which you can identify by different labels on each of the LTC addresses. A user can deposit or withdraw LTC from his address by typing ‘deposit (address) (amount)’, and withdraw by ‘withdraw (address) (amount)’. All the logic I will handle with my application.

My questions:

1. Would it be best to use ‘sign in with coinbase’ API for this application?
  2. How can I make sure to sync coinbase’s LTC wallet with my database? Because user needs to be notified when deposit/withdrawal was successful, and he also wants to check his address balance through my application.
  3. To get real-time information on transactions should I use notifications with webhook?

Thank you very much for help.

Hello @Magahaka! Thank you for your enthusiasm in trying out Coinbase APIs. We itemized your questions to be able to support you in full.

1. Would it be best to use ‘sign in with coinbase’ API for this application? - Yes, Sign in with Coinbase (SIWC) will best suit the application you’re developing. SIWC allows you to integrate customers’ Coinbase accounts into your products and services, as well as integrate bitcoin, bitcoin cash, litecoin, and ethereum into your applications. To get started, you may refer to this documentation.
  2. How can I make sure to sync coinbase’s LTC wallet with my database? Because user needs to be notified when deposit/withdrawal was successful, and he also wants to check his address balance through my application. - For this, first, your customers should have a Coinbase account. And for you to be able to sync your customer’s LTC wallet, you may use the OAuth2 protocol that allow a Coinbase user to grant a 3rd party application full or partial access to his/her account, without sharing the account’s API key or login credentials. You may refer here to know more about OAuth2 and the integration process.
  3. To get real-time information on transactions should I use notifications with webhook? Yes, you may use Notifications that will allow you to subscribe to updates for your OAuth application or API key. You may use notifications to: (1) Get notified when your buy or sell is completed, or when a withdraw or deposit is created. (2) Initiate actions when a cryptocurrency address receives a new transaction.

We hope this helps! Don’t hesitate to reply to this thread if you have other questions in mind. Have a great day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes