Get List Accounts endpoint, some accounts missing

I am calling the List Accounts endpoint i get a long response, but I don’t see any Ethereum or Bitcoin wallet accounts, but they should be there as i do have some Ethereum. Why is the response not showing all the accounts that i have open?

3 Likes

are you using the limit parameter? if not, the default limit is ~50 i think, so you should use limit=300 to get all accounts, or paginate with the cursor

3 Likes

I am also having this issue. Any account with balances does not show. It is not pagination in my case. I have only authorized the key with permissions for accounts that I have balances on. Of course, the accounts that dont show up are the only ones I care about…

Edit: It was in fact pagination. Even if you have only given an API key permissions to a select few wallets, it will still not list them in the response if their sort order is beyond the page limit…

2 Likes

Thanks for answering this Q! It also fixed my problem. I wanted to say thanks and also update that the limit today (3/28/24) is 250. Good to know it changes. If a dev is reading this… I think it would be better to have the default set to max. Since coinbase adds coins frequently, it might be better if the devs create a max of 5000 or something.

In case it is helpful for someone, here is some code I use:

accounts = client.get_accounts(limit=250)
print(dumps(accounts, indent=2))
a = pd.DataFrame(accounts)
for row in a.values:
    print(row[0]['currency'])
3 Likes