Get Balance for Portfolio/Asset

Hi,

So I was able to create new portfolios using a custom application, then transferred funds into them so I could trade in each individually, just like I used to with pro. However, when I configure the bots to trade within each portfolio, they are only getting the total balance of all portfolios combined when they use the fetchbalance function, or even when I use Get Balance as listed in the api documentation. Obviously, this is a problem.

I did some digging and I found that the international exchange has a “Get balance for portfolio/asset” function, which would solve my issue, because then I can use this to fetch the balance of each portfolio and not for the entire wallet. However, this function does not appear to exist in the brokerage. For reference, the function I’m talking about is here: Coinbase Cloud.

So the get, if you were using the international exchange, would be as such: Get https://api.international.coinbase.com/api/v1/portfolios/{portfolio}/balances/{asset}

Now I assumed that this may have been an oversight, and if it did truly exist in the brokerage, then logically it would be v3/private/brokerage/portfolios/{portfolio}/balances/{asset}. However, testing has found that this doesn’t seem to exist, and if it does, then I may not be following some unmentioned methodology.

It would be incredibly useful if we can actually perform programmatic trades within the portfolios, otherwise they’re relatively useless. I understand that this is a work in progress, and I’d love to contribute wherever I can, if not just to get this fully functional. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Like

OK, so I was able to resolve my issue. Using the Get Portfolio Breakdown command, it’s possible to pull down all assets and currencies within a single portfolio, then everything needs to be parsed down from there. I thought there was a way to query single assets or currencies, but it turns out I was barking up the wrong tree! Hopefully this will help others who are hopelessly lost like myself in the future!

All Thanks to REVENANT CYBER HACKER, they have done an incredible testimony that keeps on trending in the heart of everyone who has been able to benefit from its service of funds recovery or mobile remote spy authorization, just like having the key to someone’s heart, get back lost property or finance is a very joyful wonderous moment well deserve to be celebrated, we lose $861,899.11USD, we lent higher part of that money with the hope of paying it in a short while simply because we were told that our investment is insured and profit is guaranteed

Email: revenantcyberhacker@gmail (DOT) com

Telegram: @revenantcyberhacker

Whatsapp: +1 (913) 820-0739

Do not click on the links above. This person is a scammer and will steal your money.