[BUG] Get Account endpoint return "wrong" available balance

The get account endpoint is always returning 0 as the available balance for any account info you try to fetch.

Example:
Fetch via List Accounts endpoint and verify that your BTC Wallet has some X balance. Then try to fetch the same wallet via the Get Account endpoint, and you will see the available balance info is 0.

Hi @fox89! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out the Advanced Trade API. For the details regarding your inquiries, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue - available_balance is correct when I get all accounts via the List Accounts endpoint, but is incorrectly returning 0 for the available_balance for several accounts I’ve tried to access using the Get Account endpoint. The other account attributes appear to be correct.

We appreciate your time and effort in bringing both of your concern to our attention about receiving a 0 value on the available_balance parameter while calling the Get an Account endpoint even though the account has funds, @fox89 and @etcodehome. To further assist you with the concern, we’ll need you to provide us with the following:

1. You said that when using the Get an Account endpoint in some account, it returns 0. Can you please provide the following information:
  • Did the endpoint work just fine before?
  • When did the issue occur?
  • Is it a consistent response on some of your accounts that you always get a zero available balance with the funds that supposedly have funds?

Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

Did the endpoint work just fine before?

I don’t know. It has been like that since I started to test it.

When did the issue occur?

It has been occurring consistently in the last week since is when I started to test the new API. I can easily repro it in my local.

Is it a consistent response on some of your accounts that you always get a zero available balance with the funds that supposedly have funds?

Yes. For example, my BTC Wallet. I see the balance via the “List Accounts” endpoint response and also in the Coinbase UI, but it returns 0 when fetched via the “Get Account” endpoint.

1 Like

Hello @fox89, thank you so much for providing us additional information. We just want to inform you and @etcodehome that the team is currently working on fixing the issue that you are both encountering. We’re glad that you pointed this out!

We appreciate your patience and understanding on this. Have a great day! :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

Hi @fox89 and @etcodehome! We are happy to inform you that our team has fixed the issue. Moving forward, you shouldn’t experience receiving 0 value in the available_balance parameter if your wallet has funds.

If you still need our help or have any more questions, please do not hesitate to reach out back to us again.

Thank you!

4 Likes

CONFIRMED the issue looks fixed now. Thank you.