Depreciation Notice for Parameter in Transactions Endpoint

Hello,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out regarding a crucial matter concerning the depreciation notice for the “expand” parameter within the transactions endpoint of the Sign In with Coinbase feature, as outlined in the documentation found at Wallet API: Transactions | Coinbase Cloud.

Our team heavily relies on this endpoint to retrieve user transactions, with the fee being a vital field for our operations. However, following recent changes, we have encountered an issue where the fee is no longer retrievable when removing this parameter. Even attempting to access the fee through the resource path and obtaining transaction by ID has proven unsuccessful. The fee is being returned when I use new_version_opt_in=true but will this be available param after 31 March ?

Given the significance of this matter to our operations, we kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue promptly. We seek guidance on how to retrieve the fee information through your API and would appreciate your expert advice on how to proceed.

The urgency of this matter cannot be overstated, as it may impact not only our operations but also numerous other users who rely on this functionality. Your immediate attention to this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt action on this matter.

You should be able to use the new_version_opt_in=true now which has the fees returned for some transaction types. The 31 March is the date that we stop supporting old version.

@bravive Do I need to remove new_version_opt_in=true after March 31st,? Also, to clarify, after March 31st, will the data returned be identical to what I’m currently receiving with this parameter enabled? I want to ensure fee will be returned after 31 March for the transactions type that return fee now.

Thanks for your reply!

You don’t need to remove the flag after March 31st.
The data we returned after March 31st will be the same as what you get when specifying the flag today.

1 Like

Thanks for the confirmation, @bravive! As a newbie here, I’m going to go out on a limb and assume you’re part of the Coinbase crew. Fingers crossed, because if so, I’ll take your words as the gospel of Coinbase! :smile:

Sounds good. I’m working on the rollout of this part from Coinbase.