APIError(id=validation_error): The transaction fee has expired

Trying to send BTC using coinbase cloud api as per documentation:

I’m getting a validation error when I pass in the fee parameter.

APIError(id=validation_error): The transaction fee has expired.

Payload
{
amount: ‘0.00026650’,
currency: ‘BTC’,
fee: ‘0.00003354’,
idem: ‘coinbase-btc-28336-323’,
to: ‘3C2G2RCN4RdK849CckWJjMuC7QPwU64dG4’,
type: ‘send’
}

When I omit the fee, it works, but I want to specify the fee. If this is not possible, I’d like to be able to retrieve the fees that would be charged for a Send transaction.

Hi @geanmartinezsportshi! Welcome to the forum! Thank you for your enthusiasm in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

4 Likes

Hi CB team and community, any update on this issue?

Hello @geanmartinezsportshi. Apologies for the delayed response.

It’s not mandatory to specify the fee parameter while using the send money endpoint of Sign in with Coinbase which is a POST request to https://api.coinbase.com/v2/accounts/:account_id/transactions. Coinbase automatically fetches the fees for the transaction. In reference to your question, “I’d like to be able to retrieve the fees that would be charged for a Send transaction,” we’ve already escalated it to the respective team. We will update you once we have more information. Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @geanmartinezsportshi, thank you so much for your patience! We want to inform you that we have updated the information on the Transactions endpoint documentation regarding the fee being no longer present as a valid parameter. Moreover, please take note that all fees that Coinbase charges will be disclosed at the time of the user’s transaction.

We hope we were able to address your concern. Feel free to reach out if you have any more questions. Have a good day!

1 Like