Calling all Advanced Traders! Help Shape the future of our APIs

Really?

How about first delivering what you promised? To me Advanced Trade APIs does not offer equivalent functionality. From announcement:

Coinbase Pro APIs will not be impacted or sunsetted until a suitable replacement is available on Coinbase Advanced Trade.

Later this fall, Advanced Trade will have API support for both REST and Websocket protocols. Advanced Trade has the same order types and fee structure as Coinbase Pro.

We will not sunset Pro APIs until we have an equivalent REST and WebSocket API for advanced trading publicly available on Coinbase. We will provide sufficient time to migrate to the new trading API before the Pro APIs are sunsetted.

APIs are sunsetted! Where is suitable replacement?

• websocket status channel does not allow to monitor all products, I was doing that in Pro;
  • I can not make the market buy specifying base size, I am forced to use quote size getting random amounts in base that I can not fully sell because precision does not allow that;
  • Advanced still has minimum/maximum base sizes… I can buy ~0.055 SOL for about ~5 EUR. Can I sell it? No because the minimum is 0.08 SOL… SOL is just example here;
  • Advanced Trade websocket is disappointment, Pro websocket was/is way better. For example AT level2 channel batches updates ~500ms while Pro channel tried to deliver as soon as possible and had dedicated batch channel and even that grouped changes in 50ms not half second!;
  • I believe that it is still not possible to get delisted products, is it?

Not to mention that Pro/Exchange still has 0.6% taker and 0.4% maker while Advanced fees after migration was increased (without any announcements) to 1% taker and 0.6% maker.

Sorry but from my point of view there is no single improvement. In one or other way things are worse than it was with Pro!

Well these things just worked in Pro!

3 Likes