Websocket Orders Price

Hello!
I am trying to understand how to track the filling of an order via websocket.

I place a buy limit order for 1 BTC at 10,000. I have questions about what the fields would be in the websocket responses

• Type = Receive => (price = order limit price, size = initial order size)
  • Type = Open if the remaining size is 0.5, how do I know what price that 0.5 was executed at?
    • How can I find out what that 0.5 trade cost was ?
  • Type = Done. Is the price here the average executed price?

Does the MATCH message give me this info? Is this what I should look for to determine the executed price and fees for my order?

Thanks!

Hi @payamabedi, Welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

4 Likes

Hello! Are there any updates on this? I find the docs very confusing to understand the order of messages coming from the websocket. This would be a critical for me to understand the order state flow.

Hi @payamabedi! The team is currently working to understand the issue and to update the docs. What part of the documentation are you having trouble understanding? Is there anything you want us to include in there? It would be great if you could give us any additional information that would give you the clarity you are hoping to be useful to your concern.

1 Like