`user` channel order fill notifications need more info

Hi,

For the websocket user channel, when a trade happens / an order is filled, it would be great if that channel included more info about the trade and the order.

Right now, the Coinbase Advanced Trade API includes the following fields:

{
    "order_id": "xxx",
    "client_order_id": "xxx",
    "cumulative_quantity": "xxx",
    "leaves_quantity": "xxx",
    "avg_price": "xxx",
    "total_fees": "xxx",
    "status": "FILLED"
}

Other crypto exchanges include essential info like:

• the quantity filled on that trade
  • event time
  • market/symbol
  • side i.e. buy or sell
  • type (limit/market/etc)
  • trade ID on the exchange
  • average fill price for that trade (not over the order as a whole)

Please let me know if there is a different channel or permission set required to get this extra info included in order/trade/fill updates

Thanks very much!

3 Likes

Hi @matthewpalmer! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your inquiry, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hello @matthewpalmer! We appreciate your patience while we check on this with our team. Currently, User Channel may not provide all of the above aforementioned information. And so, we would recommend you to post this as a feature request on the Feedback Section of the Developer Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

For now, you may check the Level2 Channel because it appears to be the closest channel that can provide some information that you want to fetch.

2 Likes

Hi,
I notice that the comment was first raised in Dec 22. Quite a long time has passed. As well as the missing information mentioned above, there is also no way to determine if a partial or full filled order/trade is maker or taker. Is this information not going to be made available? Why is this not standard??