Specifying network when sending money

Hi there,

I am wondering if I can specify the network when sending money using Transactions Send Money? For example, if I want to send MATIC, can I specify the network (Ethereum or Polygon) or know which network the transaction will occur on? I know the Coinbase App allows this functionality as shown here, but the API does not seem to have an argument parameter for this.

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

Hello @armanvaziri! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello @armanvaziri. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we were checking on this with our team. We understand that you want to specify the network when sending funds via the /transactions endpoint. Unfortunately, this feature is not supported by Sign in with Coinbase (SIWC) API as of the moment.

We appreciate it if you can share this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

Thank you!

1 Like

hello, i understand that users cant specify the network when sending money via the SIWC API. but i came across this help center article which shows that you can change the network when sending money via the coinbase app.

so, am i correct that the only way to change the default network when sending money is thru the app or website?

Hi @goodboy! We would like to confirm to you that yes, the only way to change the default network when sending money is through Coinbase mobile app or website.

Rest assured that we’ve logged your feedback about specifying networks when sending money via API with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

We appreciate your time and effort in using Coinbase. Thank you and have a great day!

3 Likes