Network body param in Post addresses

https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/coinbase-accounts/{account_id}/addresses
what types of network can I use in network body param?

Hello @AliRafay , welcome to the forum! We are always happy to help.

You can view the list of supported networks per currency via the /currencies endpoint - [https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/currencies/{currency_id}]

Please note that the network parameter was added to support multichain withdrawals, but is only applicable for ETH, MATIC and USDC on Polygon and Ethereum, and USDC on Solana. If you are transferring any network via the default network, then you do not need to use the network parameter in your call.

Additionally, you may also check this link to know more about the list of the assets and their supported networks on Coinbase Exchange.

We hope we were able to help you with your concern. If you have further questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you!

2 Likes

@Mamoshi27 No test networks are supported?
also clarify that if we need to test transfers between two addresses, how do we do that without actually doing an actual transaction and paying the gas fees.

Hi @AliRafay! We appreciate your patience so far. For the details regarding your concern, please note that we are still checking on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hi @AliRafay! Thank you for patiently waiting as we checked into this. Unfortunately, an option to test a transfer between two addresses using the Sandbox is currently not available. You may post this as a feature request in the Feedback Section of the Developer Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours. :smile:

1 Like

Hello, in case of a deposit from another exchange to Coinbase, if I am using for example Polygon from this other exchange, I would have to have a valid Polygon address to which to send to Coinbase, if the default address is ETH, the address that Should I put this other exchange as a destination, would it be ETH? It would not cause loss, because you are sending it to another network.

Hi @Ariel! Thank you for taking interest in using Coinbase services. With regards to your concern, your funds will automatically be deposited into the same account, regardless of which network they were deposited from. For example, if you deposit ETH from the Polygon network, it will be deposited into your ETH balance. To know more, please visit here for Exchange or here for Pro.

Additionally, we would like to share these documentations on how to deposit cryptocurrency. Feel free to check these out:

We hope this clarifies your concern. Thank you and have a great day!

1 Like

Hello, I am going to be a little more precise in my question, when I am using the API method "
https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/coinbase-accounts/{account_id}/addresses" through POST passing by parameter in URL the alias=ETH and on the body account_id, profile_id and network=polygon, for example ETH on the polygon network the response from the API is exactly the same record that you would receive using network=ethereum, shouldn’t you receive two different addresses? one over the ETH network and the other over the POLY network, although internally Coinbase always saves it in the account of ETH with default network.

Cheers,

Hi @Ariel! Thank you so much for clarifying your concern. Yes, you will be receiving two different addresses when you use the /addresses method with a network parameter “ethereum” or “polygon”. However, you might notice that when creating an address in the “polygon” network the API payload will state that the address created is in “ethereum” network. Rest assured that the team is aware and we are currently working on this.

We hope this clarifies your question. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Clarified! Thank you very much for your prompt answers and clarification.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi @Ariel :wave: We’re happy to help! Please reach out in the future if you need anything else. Thanks and have a great day! :sun_behind_small_cloud:

1 Like