Specify Network on "sign-in-with-coinbase" Transfer API

When transferring cryptocurrency from Coinbase to a wallet using the Sign-In-with-Coinbase API you are unable to specify the network you with to transfer on.

The Ethereum ecosystem is the largest ecosystem with most developed, trusted dApps & marketplaces, and it is sensible especially for the Sign-In-with-Coinbsae API that you won’t be a large firm trading but rather an independent developer or somebody working on a small scale project such as myself.

Required to use the Ethereum L1 network or apply for an institution account (in which I did) to gain the Exchange API to specify network is really a hard pill to swallow and has me looking to other exchanges and their APIs.

The summary of this feedback is, please allow developers to specify the network on a transaction, as-well as being able to pull the supported networks from the API for a specific currency.

i.e. such as the Exchange API: https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/currencies/USDC

Thank you!

Bump!
Hoping to get movement on this post, please!

1 Like

Is there a good place to submit feature requests such as this?

Hey @Soarin! Thank you for your feedback! I will share this with the development team and will share any updates they give on this. Please keep in touch!

2 Likes

Absolutely fantastic, thank you Loop_11! :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 This. Please provide updates. Thank you

Hey @Soarin and @nickelshine! We have shared this further with our engineering teams. We will let you know if there are any updates. It may take time for this to get into effect, hence we are unable to provide an ETA, however we will keep you posted on any developments about this. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

+1 for our team. Please do let us know when this is possible.