Self.exchange.fetch_balance() response is incomplete without error

Until recently, self.exchange.fetch_balance() (I’m using ccxt with python) was giving me the results I expected. However, this has changed and now I get incomplete balances or no balances at all. No errors just incomplete. If a wallet has a balance the symbols are not included in the response, except for 2, expecting 150+. Wallets with an actual ‘0’ balance are included in the response. I can access accounts with self.exchange.fetch_accounts, end_point, params=params and get what I expect for balances, so I can confirm I have access with the API private endpoint.
I noticed the problem this past weekend when a program I have running stopped making trades (USD balance 0, when in fact there is sufficient USD balance). Digging into why is when I discovered the balance issue. The code has not been changed recently. Nor has anything change with the account. Was working fine, then it wasn’t.
API key settings selected all accounts FWIW.

A bit of a head scratcher, any help is appreciated.

Tada! Problem solved if anyone runs into the issue, I added params where before I was not using them (weird it worked without params) anyhow, this is what I’m doing now with success.

end_point = 'private'  # for rate limiting
        params = {
            'offset': 0,  # Skip the first 0 items
            'paginate': True,  # Enable automatic pagination
            'paginationCalls': 10,  # Set the max number of pagination calls if necessary
            **'limit': 300  # Set the max number of items to return**
        }

try:
            balance = await self.ccxt_exceptions.ccxt_api_call(self.exchange.fetch_balance, end_point, params=params)