OAuth application maximum of $1.00 per month

I am attempting to write an application that should allow users to be able to send a variate amount of funds through coinbase OAuth. I have run into the below issue though.

I heard somewhere that the users needs to first accept the 1 dollar limit, then they have to edit the limit somewhere. Is this true? Is this possible to change? If so how do I do it/have my users do it.

Anything? Or is this just a broken feature…

I am now experiencing this issue too with the new authorization dialog, which was not announced or clearly not tested before pushing into production. In addition to the above, the returned accounts are empty if the user selects all accounts (default) causing a crash in my controller on return. Before it would select one because it was a required field.

Finally, the email address of the user is no longer displayed, so it’s unclear which user I am actually authorizing to use the application (I have several accounts).

What is going on here Coinbase? I had a perfectly working system for nearly two years due to your outstanding support to point me in the right direction and now it seems you have destroyed my application in several ways with this unannounced breaking change.

1 Like

FWIW I have a ticket open with ExchangeOps. While they are aware of the problems, they are using rather nebulous language and it’s starting to make me a little concerned about this issue that has railroaded my ability to pay my users via Coinbase. Currently this leaves me with only PayPal and if this continues I will have to investigate Binance as some users have been suggesting this.

1 Like

Hi @Loop_11 any comment on why Coinbase is suddenly making it a habit to deploy unannounced breaking changes into production after many years of stable operations? My application has been hosed for over a month now due to this issue I hope you can understand the concern.

I forget exactly where, but I heard the user has to first authorize the application, and then they can edit the application limit.

I don’t know if this is true or if it even works.

Thank you for the suggestion @camel. I see that there is an options for each authorization:

But no viable options are presented when clicking them:

Makes you wonder why there is an options dialog in the first place. :thinking:

Notice also the message that states $1 USD/day when what I “authorized” (as it is the only actual option) is $1/month.

So, yet another bug found with this obviously untested feature quickly put into production.

I am not seeing a lot of support staff active on here anymore. Not a good sign.

Hi @camel @Mike-E! Apologies for the delay. Appreciate your follow up on this. We are aware of this issue and are working with the team. We will share an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

2 Likes

Thank you @Loop_11 for the update and for your efforts out there. :pray:

1 Like

Just letting our users know, that it may take some time and hence it is hard to provide an ETA. We understand it is an inconvenience, we will share an update as soon as we get to know anything related to this.

Thank you for the update @Loop_11 , it is appreciated.

Would it be possible to get a statement directly from the project manager of this feature explaining exactly what happened here and how such an obvious breaking change was deployed into production without any testing or formal announcement?

My application has been broken since February 10th due to this breaking change:

It would seem, at the very least, an effort would be made to revert back to the old selector for impacted accounts.

Thank you for your continued collaboration and consideration.

Hi @Mike-E! We understand this is an inconvenience! Unfortunately we do not know all the details since such changes involve engineering teams and we are not part of the core team and the discussions on why the decision was made, however we have been notified that our team is trying to fix things in the API and soon they will share an update.
Meanwhile we really appreciate your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your continued assistance @Loop_11

Unfortunately we do not know all the details since such changes involve engineering teams and we are not part of the core team and the discussions on why the decision was made

Are you saying you cannot contact the core team responsible for creating such a disruptive situation for the customers relying on the stability of your API? I hope you can understand and appreciate the concern.

Meanwhile we really appreciate your patience and understanding

I am certainly doing my best here. Please be aware that my application has been broken due to this issue since February 10th, 37 days ago and counting:

So technically I have been patient and understanding for quite some time now. :blush:

As it has been over a month now since this situation has been adversely impacting businesses reliant on your API, it would be valuable to get a statement from your management explaining the rationale for not reverting to the previous selector, especially since there is no ETA for the fix on this feature.

Thank you for your continued effort toward addressing this most disruptive issue impacting businesses utilizing this feature.

2 Likes

This is also causing significant problems for my application as well, any update or movement on a fix here yet?

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts to address this issue, reported to you on February 10th, 2024:

This was 39 days ago.

1 Like

Thank you for your efforts to address this issue, reported to you on February 10th, 2024:

This was 40 days ago.

1 Like

This was 41 days ago.

Hi @Loop_11, any luck getting the team’s statement about why it’s considered more acceptable to break client applications in production rather than reverting to the previous version?

@Mike-E Thank you for your patience. Our Engineering team is trying their best to resolve this as soon as possible and they are very much aware that this is an inconvenience and users are facing issues due to this. This is prioritised now. Unfortunately this is not going to be resolved by simply rolling back the changes, as the team already thought about it too. They are currently working on an immediate as well as a long term solution.
Meanwhile we will appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. Thank you for all the cooperation. We will soon share an update as soon as we get to know anything related to this.

Thank you very much for your reply and continued support @Loop_11 it is appreciated. I further greatly appreciate you relaying communication from the team and providing a bit of insight into what is happening. If a rollback cannot occur I will look forward to your update. :+1: