Notifications/Webhooks

Hi!
I’m trying to receive and view users activity using webhooks.

Is there a way to test webhooks without actually buying/selling crypto? I also couldn’t find instructions on how to send the ping event.

Next, the docs say:

Notifications allow you to subscribe to updates regarding your OAuth application or API key. Notifications are sent as HTTP POST requests (webhooks) to a notification endpoint, which the developer can set for their OAuth application or API key settings.

Will webhooks be sent for all events or just the events(eg. buys/sells) that are made BY USING the OAuth app or API key?
I don’t want to support trading in my app, I just want to receive activity notifications in real time.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @saksofon997. As you may or may not have noticed, we changed the product category of your query from Exchange/Pro to Sign in With Coinbase . This is because the notifications endpoint you are referring to is part of the Sign in With Coinbase API. Since it is a part of the SIWC API, it cannot be used for Coinbase Exchange/Pro transactions.

Furthermore, we’d like to inform you that, as of now, sandbox is only being offered to Coinbase Exchange/Pro. This means that we currently do not have a testing environment available for SIWC; ergo, no testing environment to test out the notifications endpoint. This goes to say that you cannot test out the notifications endpoint without triggering any of the actions listed here. If you really are interested in having this feature, you may log your case in the feedback section of this forum.

Regarding the ping event we refer to in the documentation, this refers to the general ping event that can be utilized to confirm if their notification URL can be reached. This could be something as simple as adding your own Notification URL into the web browser or by using CURL/Postman for it. With the example below we tried sending a ping test event to our notification_url using postman and by opening the notification_url on the browser.

Webhooks will be sent to the events that are associated with the OAuth app or API key and that have the Notification URL added to it. Supported events are listed here.

We hope we were able to address your concerns. Feel free to reply to this thread should you have further questions.

3 Likes