Issues with Orders and Fills

Hi,

I’ve noticed an issue where the API responds with a success to a create order call, although the order isn’t actually created and it doesnt show in the list of orders. The listFills(orderID) call also fails with authentication for some reason, not authorised.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks

Hi @bms2024! Thank you for reaching out to us regarding this. Can you please share how frequently or how many times are you getting this error or the authentication issue? Also can you please share a screenshot of the error? So that we can share it further.

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me. I have noticed it again now, it happens if I place an order via the API and then cancel the order using the app. If I then place the same order in terms of product_id and amount, using the API, the call shows as a success, but the order doesn’t show up in the UI. If I get more specifics I will post back.

Any chance that you are reusing client_order_id? If that is the case then it is your problem:

If the ID provided is not unique, the order fails to be created and the order corresponding to that ID is returned.

1 Like

Hi, thank you, it was due to this. Shouldn’t the API error in this case?