Login existing users?

Hi all,

I’m looking through the API documentation for Sign in with Coinbase (SIWC), and I’m not seeing an apparent way to “remember” users that have already authorized my OAuth2 application.

When a user goes to the authorize link, it makes them click authorize application again (and sends them an email). This is a pretty bad user experience, and I’m wondering if there’s a better way to handle this rather than making them do that every time they want to access my application.

I would like to avoid sending API keys back and forth if possible, but if that’s the only solution then so be it :slight_smile:

Hello @jsado! Welcome to the community! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

3 Likes

Hi @jsado! Thank you for your patience as we look into this.

Regarding your concern about having a way to “remember” users that have already authorized your OAuth2 application, we regret to inform you that as per our checking with the relevant teams, what you have noted is actually the only way to integrate OAuth2 application for now. As such, when a user goes to the authorized link, they really have to authorize the application again.

In this regard, please note that we have logged this as a feature request with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to Coinbase products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to them. While Coinbase can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, they are constantly working to build products that their customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

Have a great day! :sunny:

1 Like