I would like access to a new feature I found in Pro

Perusing your reference material I found documentation for a new (to me at least) feature for Pro and its API: The ability to search wallets for an account and the ability to generate new wallet addresses.

This is kinda cool, I hadnt checked for new development for Pro in several months because it was announced last July that it was being deprecated.
Coincidentally I would like the same functionality on Advanced, but unfortunately the reference material for Advanced seems a bit sparse and doesnt mention anything like that.

The mapping page mentions the features I’m looking at, and I’d assume they use the wallet:addresses:create and wallet:addresses:read permissions scopes.

Can we get some elaboration on how this works.

Hello @Urza! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

Hello @Urza! Thank you for patiently waiting. We appreciate you for bringing this up to our attention. We’re happy that you found some helpful features (endpoints) you may utilize.

With regard to Pro API Mapping, according to this documentation, the equivalent of Get all Coinbase wallets of Coinbase Pro is the List Accounts endpoint of Advanced Trade. Therefore, you are correct that this endpoint was already supported by Advanced Trade and indeed using these permissions for available scopes. Please note that All Advanced Trade REST API requests including public endpoints and channels must be signed and authenticated to be able for you to successfully use and it is implemented to control usage & security. For more information on authenticating requests you may go through here.

Additionally, for Generate crypto address endpoint that does not yet exist in Advanced Trade, as also we can see and according to Pro API Mapping, this endpoint shows an equivalent to Create Address of Sign in with Coinbase. Please note that API Key authentication should only be used to access your own account. If your application requires access to other Coinbase users’ accounts, do not use API Key. To securely access other Coinbase users’ accounts, use Sign in with Coinbase (OAuth2)

Please be aware when utilizing Sign in with Coinbase V2 endpoints for crypto address generation, you have to generate a signature based on this documentation. For Advanced Trade V3 endpoints, you may base your signature generation on this documentation.

Moreover, you can use the following endpoints as an alternative to the API endpoints you found:

• List Accounts endpoint of the Advanced Trade API gets a list of authenticated accounts for the current user and the response will also show you the available balance for an asset.

• If you want to choose and see a specific account, you may utilize the Get Account endpoint where this endpoint gets a list of information about an account, given an account UUID.
  • Create Address endpoint of Sign in with Coinbase creates a new address for an account. Addresses can be created for wallet account types. You can create an address with an empty POST request as all arguments are optional. This is handy if you need to create new receive addresses for an account on-demand.

Please note that there are required scopes and permission to these endpoints, if these has not been permitted, you’ll get an error (403 - Permission Denied).

We would like to give some clarification that Advanced Trade on Coinbase is our advanced trading platform, intended for a more experienced trader. It offers a secure and easy way to buy, sell, and trade digital assets online across various trading pairs. And even though Advanced Trade API and Sign in with Coinbase is under coinbase.com, Advanced Trade API V3 endpoints do not duplicate core Sign in with Coinbase functions for account deposits, withdrawals, and transactions. Hence, we would like to let you note that Advanced Trade only lets you manage orders, products, and fees with its V3 endpoints. While Sign in with Coinbase lets users easily and securely sign in to your product or service, and lets you integrate Coinbase supported cryptocurrencies into your applications through its V2 endpoints.

On the other hand, you mention that the reference material for List Accounts endpoint in Advanced Trade seems a bit sparse and does not mention anything like that, we will take this as feedback and communicate this with our internal teams to further improve customer experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love. You may bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of this page to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud or check the announcements page of our Developer Forum.

Should have any other concern, feel free to reach us back. Have a nice day!

So what I’m reading is that for a previous Pro user, a lot of the functionality we would expect to find in Advanced is in fact split across the Advanced api reference material and the ‘Sign in with Coinbase’ api reference material. Is that correct?

Hi @Urza! With regard to your concern whether you are correct in understanding that a lot of the functionality of Pro that you would expect to find in the new Advanced Trade is in fact split across the ‘Advanced Trade’ API reference material and the 'Sign in with Coinbase’ API reference material, we would like to confirm that yes, this is correct.

As you may be aware, Advanced Trade is the Coinbase product that intends to replace the soon to be sunsetted Coinbase Pro. Advanced Trade on Coinbase is our advanced trading platform, intended for a more experienced trader. It offers a secure and easy way to buy, sell, and trade digital assets online across various trading pairs. And even though Advanced Trade API and Sign in with Coinbase is under coinbase.com, Advanced Trade API v3 endpoints do not duplicate core Sign in with Coinbase functions for account deposits, withdrawals, and transactions. Hence, we would like to let you note that Advanced Trade only lets you manage orders, products, and fees with its v3 endpoints. While Sign in with Coinbase lets users easily and securely sign in to your product or service, and lets you integrate Coinbase supported cryptocurrencies into your applications through its v2 endpoints. This is the reason why users of the new Advanced Trade may really expect that the functionalities of Coinbase Pro have been mapped across the new Advanced Trade APIs and Sign In with Coinbase APIs.

We hope that we have provided clarity with your concerns. Have a great day!