Cannot place orders on sandbox

Hello,
I’m trying to make some orders using the public sandbox web interface but, after having deposited some fund, as soon as I click on the green button “PLACE BUY ORDER” it becomes blue with the string “SUCCESS”, but in the Orders page there is nothing. I’m doing anything wrong?

Hi @sertal! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. We would like to clarify if you are trying to place an order using Pro Sandbox or Exchange Sandbox. We would also like to ask for a screenshot to demonstrate the issue you are encountering. Once you’ve provided us the information requested, we will get back to you as soon as we have an update. Thank you!

4 Likes

Hi @LaRisa,
thank you for your answer. Here there are two screenshots:

before placing the order:

after the order has been placed (note the “SUCCESS” message on the button and the “canceled” status on the bottom right panel):

This has happened to me, too. I assume it is because of anti-slippage measures that prevent the price from changing too much in an order (and the sandbox has almost no liquidity). This would only affect market orders; not limit orders.

Hi @sertal, thank you for providing the screenshots. Sandbox has the possibility to be unstable at times. Upon checking it on our end, both Sandbox Pro and Sandbox Exchange work successfully. I tried placing an order and it has the status of “Filled”. Hence, we recommend you to try placing an order again. Please let us know if it already functions well. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @LaRisa , thanks again for your answer. I tried to place a couple of orders just now but none of them has been filled.

I’ve also followed the @Magi advice and placed a limit order three hours ago but it is still open and nothing happened.

What else can I try?

Hi @LaRisa after a couple of days, the issue is still there. Any order I place is immediately canceled by the system, please can you help me?

Hi @sertal. Thanks for your patience here and I am so sorry to hear that you are still having the same issue. To help investigate the issue more in depth, we recommend you to open a support case on our Help Site. The ticket will go directly to our support teams for immediate investigation.

1 Like

Hello @Magi. Are you still experiencing the same problem? If yes, we recommend you to open a support case on our Help Site. The ticket will go directly to our support teams for immediate investigation. Thank you!

1 Like