Are Buy and Sell Volume Available?

Hello CoinbaseCloud Forum Members,

I appreciate the support and contributions on here. I am aware of the API method that provides the spot price and the volume, however I am looking for if there is any information regarding the breakdown of these volumes with buy and sell volumes.

Hello @DataUser ! Welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hi Pauline, I appreciate you looking into this and look forward.

Thank you,

DataUser

Hello @DataUser ! We are happy to help, but first we’ll need you to provide us with more information.

• You logged your inquiry under Coinbase Exchange/Pro, can you confirm if you are using Coinbase Exchange/Pro API? If not, please share with us what Coinbase Cloud API you are using.
  • Can you share with us the exact endpoint that you are currently looking at so we can better understand your inquiry?
  • If you can elaborate your query further, it will be helpful to assess your question faster.

Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Hi Pauline,

I am referencing the Coinbase Exchange Rest API for get product candles via python:

Code:

import requests

url = “https://api.exchange.coinbase.com/products/btc-usd/candles?granularity=60&start=1666103100&end=1666103160”

headers = {“accept”: “application/json”}

response = requests.get(url, headers=headers)

print(response.text)

Output:

[[1666103160,19481.4,19510.19,19494.97,19492.76,51.94665305],[1666103100,19470.57,19495.4,19475.65,19492.95,52.7077838]]

My Understanding:

[time,low,high,open,close,volume]

The volume here retrieved from the request provides total volume. Which is both sell and buy volumes. Is it possible to get the volume for buy and sell rather than lumped?

Thank you

Hello @DataUser! We understand that you want to receive the data for both the buy and sell volume separately. However, it is currently not provided by our APIs. Therefore, we would like to recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Thank you @HakunaMatata

I am heading over there right now to request this. Thank you for the explanation and clearing up the issue.