When user pays with direct wallet address

hello and thanks for your support
first i tired to user php api to create charge and accept crypto
after that i see about “payments button”.
it seem easier that coding php.
now i have a question
user clicks on “Buy with crypto” in my website and go to checkout page
user wants to pay with for example “Tether”
user copies the wallet address and exact amout and pay directly from wallet
after pay the user dosent know what to do
should user just click the exit button of top of check out and press cancel ?
how can i found user pays correctly after that and update database.

this is for users who dosent have coinbase account.

Hello @amirium! Welcome to the Developer’s forum and thank you for integrating Coinbase Commerce to your website! For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

Hello @amirium! Thank you for patiently waiting as we looked into this.

As per checking, your customers can close the Coinbase Checkout page after copying the Crypto Address and Total amount. As long as they settle it within 60 minutes, or the charge generated will expire and the Crypto Address they copied will no longer be usable. They will then need to click the “Buy with crypto” button again on your website to create a new charge which will then generate a new Crypto Address that they can use to complete the transaction.

Coinbase will monitor the blockchain if a payment has been made to the Crypto Addresses associated with your Coinbase Checkout. You can receive notifications from Coinbase when your user/s pays by using Coinbase Commerce Webhooks, you may learn more about it on this link: Using Webhooks

The notifications you will receive from Coinbase will have a charge status, you can use this to check if your user pays the right amount. If your user pays the right amount, the Webhook will send a notification with a status of Completed. Click this link to know more about the different Payments statuses on Coinbase Commerce: Payment Status

Additionally, we recommend that you check this Coinbase help center to know more about Coinbase Commerce Payment and resolving unresolved payments: https://help.coinbase.com/en/commerce/managing-account/payments

We hope we were able to help you with your concerns. If you have further questions, feel free to reach back to us and we’ll be glad to assist you.

2 Likes

Hi @ereeca15
thanks you so much for your kindly response.
Yes that shall works for me.
im going to try to.
but it would better if user after copy the address of wallet push a button that he thinks every thing is fine and steps are complete
user should go back or push cancel button to go back to my site
and it feels somehow the charge is really going to cancel anyway
Thank you again.

Hello @amirium!

We understand that you want to have a button that will redirect to your website. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for the addition of new features. We would like to recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

Thank you so much!

1 Like