When can we expect equivalent APIs?

As you don’t consider Advanced Trade Beta anymore I will remind about what you have wrote! From https://forums.coinbasecloud.dev/t/important-update-for-coinbase-pro-api-users/904:

We will not sunset Pro APIs until we have an equivalent REST and WebSocket API for advanced trading publicly available on Coinbase.

In Advanced Trade API Now Live! you are strongly encouraging to migrate to Advanced Trade APIs. It is not possible! You have not provided equivalent APIs…

• Websocket status channel still can not be used to get info about all products and currencies. For example I am using this channel to know when new products are added, existing products removed or there are changes to product. Same with currencies. Using REST API is not solution - at least not with 10 request limit per second.

• Websocket ticker channel still does not have data that was in Coinbase Pro - Advanced Trade API - WS "trades" channel.

• It is still not possible to get delisted product info with REST API. Example - https://api.pro.coinbase.com/products/BTC-USDC.

• It is still not possible to create buy order specifying base size - “Market buys must parameterized in quote currency”.

1 Like

Hello @muktupavels! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hi @muktupavels! We appreciate you taking the time to check out the Advanced Trade API. Although the Advanced Trade API is now live, this does not stop us from continuing to strive to give you the best offers and features which can be very much helpful on your end. While we continue in doing so, we would like to request you post your items no. 1, 2 and 4 in the Feedback Section of the Forum so that it can be considered when planning what features to build next.

In regards to your item no. 3, our team is still looking into this and will get back to you once we have more updates.

Thank you so much and have a great day!

1 Like

Is there any update on no.3 - delisted pairs? In the pro API there is “/products/” which returns info on ALL pairs - including delisted ones (ex.: WLUNA-USD, XRP-USD, MUSD-USD, TRIBE-USD, UST-USD, BTCAUCTION-USD, UPI-USD, RGT-USD). As of yesterday the advanced API (/v3/brokerage/products/) did NOT return those pairs.

2 Likes

When can we expect some updates for this?

1 Like

Hi folks! Apologies for the delayed response. For item number 3 - delisted pairs, our internal teams still continue to improve our user experience and aim to provide this feature sometime in Q1. We appreciate your utmost patience and understanding. Have a great day!

And what about making market buy specifying base size?

Hi @muktupavels ! The same goes with item #4 - “market buy” (order) with a “base size” parameter as well as for the other items on the bullets above, these are aimed to be available in Q1.

Just to make sure… That also means Coinbase Pro API will be available while these fixes won’t be available.

Hi @muktupavels ! For your concern, we will verify this with our internal team. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

Hi @muktupavels! Rest assured that Coinbase Pro API will remain operational while issues fix and upgrades for Advanced Trade API are in progress. Thank you!

1 Like

While we continue in doing so, we would like to request you post your items no. 1, 2 and 4 in the Feedback Section of the Forum so that it can be considered when planning what features to build next.

This literally is the feedback section of the forum ;P.

Originally it was in Advanced Trade API section, I edited section…

I just got email that my Coinbase Pro balance will be migrated to Coinbase Advanced on December 1 but issues are still not fixed… What is going on?

@rishabh and/or @Loop_11 Will I get answer to this?

Hi @muktupavels! Thank you for your patience. As per the docs we are aware the migration would happen by 2024. Since you have received an email. We will check this with our internal teams once and will give you an update on the same thread! Thank you!

Yeah, thanks for throwing middle finger at me and spitting in face! Thanks Coinbase! At least now I know that Coinbase cannot be trusted…

I’m totally confused/frustrated with this Pro sunset / Advanced API migration process.

Nov 2, I received an email that my Pro balance will be automatically moved to Advanced API on Dec 1.
On Nov 14, I received another email saying actually the Pro->Advanced migration happens on Nov 20, much earlier than originally announced.
On Nov 20, I got an email saying that my Pro account has been migrated to Coinbase.

From Coinbase, the word is that Pro app / mobile will be terminated on Nov 20.
How long will Coinbase Pro platform (accessed via Pro API) will remain up and running?
I migrated most of code but as we all know, we don’t have feature parity (and new API is harder to use IMO).
Coinbase said " Starting on November 20, 2023 , Coinbase Pro will no longer be supported on mobile and web". Coinbase Pro used via API is still supported?

1 Like

No, at least I got following error/message trying to create order:

Trading disabled: your Pro account is being migrated/has been migrated to Advanced Trade. Please visit coinbase.com/advanced-trade to trade with the same low fees as pro.

P.S. @Loop_11 I see you removed pending_internal tag but did not post any update…

2 Likes

Oh wow. I got the same thing when I tried :frowning:
At least the withdrawal fee estimation call still works…