Websockets Messages: Fills

I searched as best I could, guys.

I’m working with cbpro python library. There’s a nice websockets thingy in there and it works famously, it seems, in keeping me up to date on order statuses, except for a fill itself.

I can pull the info via a get_fills() routine, but this is an API call and not a websockets message., and I sure don’t want to have to loop around waiting for a fill. Does anyone have any experience with this library, and this topic in particular?

[hmmm. I hope I don’t have to monitor the entire product ticker searching for my order id…]
Thank you.

Well, it looks like I forgot to start my websockets session so that might explain why I wasn’t getting any messages.

And lo, there they are.

Apologies, chaps. Can delete if you wish or maybe keep open as a place to discuss cbpro and its genetically-modified clone, coinbase-pro

1 Like

I was gonna suggest the user channel. I remember reading somewhere that it would be messages pertaining to yourself.

Seems to be, and it does provide the data I need. I read that User channel is exactly that, a user-specific subset of the “full” channel.

Are you working in Python and, if so, can you recommend a resource for learning good OO and program design practices? I’m coming at it from the top down, which can make for much refactoring.

Sorry, I haven’t looked at much python regarding these servers. I tend to stay close to Java for cross platform compatibility myself.

1 Like

The WebSocket API is an advanced technology that makes it possible to open a two-way interactive communication session between the user’s browser and a server.
With this API, you can send messages to a server and receive event-driven responses without having to poll the server for a reply.

To view the contents of a binary WebSocket message:

1. Open the Network panel.
  2. Click WS to filter out all resources that aren’t WebSocket connections.
  3. Click the Name of a WebSocket connection to inspect it.
  4. Click the Messages tab.
  5. Click one of the Binary Message entries to inspect it.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

Thank you @RachelGomez !

Sorry, Network Panel?