Websocket users channel dropping messages?

Hi,

When subscribing to the users channel for coinbase pro I am not getting all of the fills information for orders that I am placing. It seems that if there are numerous fills happening at once messages may get dropped? Is there a recommended way to safe guard against missing fills? Thanks!

Hi @erc20fan, thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your inquiry, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist. We’ll get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hi @erc20fan , assuming that you are authenticated but still missing fills on the orders you place, it should not happen because as indicated on the API documentation:

The User Channel
"The user channel is a version of the full channel and only contains messages that include the authenticated user. Consequently, you need to be authenticated to receive any messages."

But if you could provide a sample response, that would help us check this query to better assist you.

At this time, you can use the REST endpoint to confirm FILLS, please check this Get all fills documentation. Thanks!

1 Like

To clarify, are you saying that messages from the user channel cannot be dropped? The documentation implies that messages from the full channel can be dropped, so I would assume the same is true for the user chanel.