V2 Accounts endpoint intermittently returning v3 response structure?

Hi there - since December 9, the SIWC /accounts Show endpoint has been intermittently returning a different response, changing the amount key for a key value in the data > balance object. Additionally, this has been accompanied by sporadic 401s (perhaps because of the slightly different auth between v2 and v3, though this endpoint doesn’t have query params).

I use this endpoint for confirming our balance and also as an automated health check, hence why I know with pretty good accuracy when it started and that it’s not consistent.

In case it matters, I do still use the (deprecated) Ruby gem, but that is unlikely to be a source of mutation since it has not had updates since the API deprecation.

Do you have insight into whether this is a problem with on the Coinbase side?

Thank you!

Hello and thank you for the report. We’ve heard back from the team behind this API and they let us know this issue should be resolved now.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Thank you for sharing back.

Hi, I am getting intermittent 401’s on /v2/accounts calls.
This started noticing this in the last several days as OP, and I’m still getting this behavior (/v2/accounts calls fail almost half of the time, while other endpoints work fine).

I am also getting errors with this API Endpoint. Let me give you a history (btw - spoiler alert - this endpoint is not working for me at the moment.)

Originally I was restricting users to sign-in-to-coinbase using their USDC wallet, so when I returned the first account in the list of accounts the v2/accounts endpoint was returning, it was always returning USDC. A few days ago, I tried accessing the v2/accounts endpoint and it was returning VeChain information instead. I fixed this problem by calling v2/accounts/USDC.

Yesterday, I was suddenly getting a CORS error when I tried to work with the v2/accounts endpoint or the v2/accounts/usdc endpoint. This is really strange, as I never needed to do anything with CORS before AND the other endpoints I called were working properly.

There are ongoing issues with this endpoint. If someone can fix this ASAP that would be great. (If my app was live and this happened, this could be a big issue. I was planning on launching in Jan but this may push out the timeline.)

That sucks. Since then, I have migrated from v2/accounts to v3/brokerage/accounts. The v3 one is stable, FYI.

I solved the problem, but it is still a problem. I got around this error by sending the request from the server instead of the client, but it is unfortunate that the functionality of the API changed.

Now I am only able to send requests for the v2/accounts endpoint from the server.

I am still able to make calls from the client for other endpoints.

Not sure why the functionality changed.