Urgent: Coinbase funds transfer

Hello. I am trying to send an amount of a currency (LTC, BTC, etc.) to a user with a recibed key. Transactions
In this website there is receive, send, transfer, and request. In JavaScript, do I use four which of the four to send an amount of currency to a user?

Do I use an API route to have a button click on something have this ‘fund’ transaction be sent?

Hello @mkiefer10, welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. We’re happy to help, but first we’ll need you to provide us with the following information so that we can further assist you with the issue:

• Can you please elaborate on what you mean by “recibed key”?
  • When you also asked “Do I use an API route to have a button click on something have this ‘fund’ transaction be sent?”, are you referring to a button that will trigger the send money endpoint?

Additionally, we will also be moving your post to Sign In With Coinbase category, since it is the right category for your concern.Once you send us the information requested above, we’ll work to quickly address this issue.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello Mamoshi27. Yes the recibed key is the receiving key from the user.

Yes we have coded a html button and yes I am referring to “a button that will trigger the send money endpoint”.

How do we do this and what is the code needed, and do we use request, send, receive, and transfer or just some of the four and not all of them?

Hi @mkiefer10! Thank you for your prompt response.

Based on your scenario, we can see that the Send Money request under the /transactions endpoint is the most appropriate request to be utilized for your use case. However, we are quite not sure about the “receiving key” that you are referring to, as the send money request has a specific “to” parameter which correlates to either the blockchain address or an email of the recipient where the money will be sent. Thus, we recommend that this “receiving key” be verified to be compliant with the type of input value required by this “to” parameter.

And with regard to your request on the code needed for the HTML button that will initiate this transaction, we regret to inform you that we are only able to provide guidance and troubleshooting for issues with the raw Coinbase APIs. Thus, we cannot provide specific guidance on how to develop your application such as writing code in specific programming languages and frameworks.

We hope we are still able to address your concerns. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

2 Likes