The meaning of "status = online" in "Get all known currencies" endpoint

Hello.

I would like to clarify the meaning of a parameter in the following exchange API endpoint:

1. What is the meaning of the “status” parameter in the response?
    So far I have encountered, both in the API docs and real-life usage, only one value: online.
    Does “online” mean able to trade, able to deposit, or able to withdraw?
    What to you exactly mean by status = online?
    If the status of an asset is online, can I deposit and withdraw that asset?

2. What are the possible values of the status parameter, other than online?
    Delisted? Deposit disabled? Withdraw disabled?

I was confused because other exchanges have parameters such as “tradable”, “deposit enabled”, or “withdraw enabled.” Other exchanges also state what kind of values are possible and what each value means.

Thank you.

Hello @woncoh1! Welcome to the forum! Yes, the online status that you get from the response when making a GET request to the Get all known currencies means that specific currency is available for trade, deposit, and withdraw. Another possible value of the status parameter besides online is delisted. Delisted means that trading activities for that specific asset will now cease and already not supported by Coinbase.

We hope we were able to provide clarification with regard to your concern. Please do not hesitate to ask again if you have any other inquiries. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you.

1. So if one of the assets becomes withdrawal-disabled, but still allowed to deposit, I wouldn’t be able to know that using the above API endpoint, right?

2. If so, is there an API endpoint that tells me the current deposit and withdrawal status of all assets?

Thank you again.

Hi @woncoh1 !

With regards to the questions you raised, when using the Get all known currencies endpoint, you only get an online or delisted status to determine the availability of a specific currency for trade, deposit, and withdrawal. Currently there is no API endpoint that specifically tells the withdrawal and deposit status of an asset (e.g. withdrawal-disabled, but still allowed to deposit).

We’ve logged your feedback about having to incorporate deposit and withdrawal statuses of a certain currency/asset using the API with our internal teams so we can continue improving our user experience. Most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

Also, we want to inform you that Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted in early 2023, after all customers have migrated to the new Advanced Trade API. Customers will be notified 30 days before accounts (or wallets) are transitioned from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade. Even so, we strongly recommend that you migrate your trading activity from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade and use Advanced Trade as your primary advanced trading platform before this time. Once accounts are migrated, you will not be able to use your existing Coinbase Pro APIs to trade on Advanced Trade. For specific details regarding Advanced Trade, you may refer to this FAQ in the Coinbase Cloud documentation.

We hope this is helpful, and please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you and have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification.

1. I would love to see a new “Get all known currencies” endpoint with deposit and withdrawal statuses for each supported blockchain network in the upcoming Advanced Trade API.
  2. The following is an example from Gate.io’s spot API: https://www.gate.io/docs/developers/apiv4/en/#list-all-currencies-details.

Thank you again.