Sunsetting of Pro / Future API support for Advanced Trading OHLCV data?

Looking for some quick guidance.

When implementing a client for the Sign in With Coinbase API, what is the current or future recommendation for querying candles and historical price data? I’ve read some threads and docs that indicate there is currently no API for interacting with the market on Coinbase (Advanced Trading). The docs point toward transferring funds to a Coinbase Pro portfolio is the way to go, but threads (maybe inaccurate) seem to complain that the functionality is not supported. Either way, I’m hitting confusion whether the Coinbase market and Coinbase Pro market are the same (and I’m thinking they’re not).

Will Exchange/Pro API features like OHLCV querying make their way into the Sign in With Coinbase API or some other area when Coinbase Pro sunsetting begins? What is the target API space for Advanced Trading features that are “coming later this year?”

I would like to get ahead of the curve, and be ready to support Coinbase Advanced Trading via API whenever it comes to fruition.

Thanks in advance!

Hello @kadengriffith. Welcome to the forum. Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hello @kadengriffith! We appreciate your patience while we checked this with our team.

As for your concern, there are no plans to make candles or historical price data available in the Sign in With Coinbase API, as Sign in With Coinbase is focused on integrating Coinbase supported assets into new and existing applications. You can get real time prices of Coinbase assets using our API, but not historical data: Prices

Historical price data is available for the Coinbase Exchange & Pro products, and you can read more about how to retrieve that information via the API here: Get product candles. Please note that while we will be sunsetting Pro, it will not be fully taken offline until the Advance Trade API is released. We don’t currently have an ETA for when the Advanced Trade API will be released, but it will include a Candles endpoint once it is launched to ensure parity with the Pro API that it is replacing.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification, @LaRisa. It makes sense to me that those features would come in a separate API. I’ll be looking forward to the Advanced Trade API!

3 Likes