Sunsetting of Coinbase Pro

I’m extremely disappointed to hear that Pro services will begin sunsetting when there apparently isnt even an API for the new “advanced trade” mode thats replacing it.

In the first place depending on how different the API is there can be considerable cost for us users to transition to a new API, but additionally, the communication about this has not been good.

1 Like

Hello @Urza ! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hi @Urza,

Thank you for raising this concern. Please be assured that we are hard at work on building the API for Advanced Trade. Until then, existing customers will still have access to Coinbase Pro and we do not yet have an exact date for sunsetting Pro or the Pro API.

Unfortunately we cannot provide an ETA for the launch date of the Advanced Trade API at this time, but we will post an announcement on this forum when we have more details on the launch date.

For more details on why we are sunsetting Pro in favour of Advanced Trade, please see this blog post: https://blog.coinbase.com/hello-advanced-trade-goodbye-coinbase-pro-5b0715b03ef0

2 Likes

Will fills records for coinbase pro portfolios remain available (so things like people’s cointrackers work, at the very least)?
Will historical candles go back to when the coin was listed on coinbase, or will they start over from the creation of the advanced trade mode or its api?

Will data for those enpoints continue to be formatted the same way?

Side question, as Pro was not compatible with the ‘Coinbase One’ beta, will Advanced continue to not be compatible with the ‘One’ beta (ie subject to the 0 fees)?

Pro supports multiple portfolios each with different, or multiple, API keys each with different permissions. This allows users to, for instance, provide API keys with -view- permissions only to tax processors like cointracker or even just turbotax, while being able to use keys with more powerful permissions on the same portfolios themselves for their own purposes.
Will this level of granularity of access continue to be supported in the Advanced API, will Advanced support multiple porfolios, multiple keys, how will this work?

Thankyou in advance if you are able to provide information on this at this time, and I understand if some of this hasnt been worked out yet.
However, if just the few concerns I’m able to come up with off the top of my had -havent- been worked out yet, I suggest that the messaging on the timing of this forced transition is way too hasty. I had already seen the blog post you linked and its why I’m here. It specifically says “we will sunset Coinbase Pro later this year.” There’s only 5 months left in the year, I dont know if thats enough time for this sort of transition to be worked out in detail if it isnt already, while giving us users enough time to refactor whatever we have to as well.

1 Like

Hi,

Thank you for your questions.

Pro supports multiple portfolios each with different, or multiple, API keys each with different permissions… Will this level of granularity of access continue to be supported in the Advanced API, will Advanced support multiple porfolios, multiple keys, how will this work?

We will support multiple API keys with specific View/Trade/Transfer permissions, just like Pro.

Please see the following announcement to gain more clarity on the rest of your questions:

1 Like

Amazing, thankyou, that clarifies a lot.

1 Like

Seems you side-stepped the issue here. The plan appears to be NOT to have multiple profiles / portfolios atm. I can assure you that trying to maintain a balanced sell-side of a coin that I trade in 3 currencies is an absolute nightmare if in one portfolio. In separate portfolios, each has its own pot. Not to mention that FIX is the only way I know an order has been taken and to create an opposing order. I have spent a great deal of time and money in developing a FIX solution that works for me and that appears likely to disappear.

1 Like

No time at all to transition, it is how Coinbase work. They don’t give a fig about people who have invested in software in the past.

1 Like

And really no point in posting here I think. Firstly I only saw your post today (after 13 days) so heavily censored and secondly nobody is listening or replying.

1 Like

Actually I see that transfers from coinbase to coinbase.pro is already halted. Even if the API works in the same way as it did before, it is not possible to deposit to coinbase pro from coinbase.com and that breaks our software.

3 Likes

In coinbase pro, I used to have different portfolios for different users. I could not find the same thing in advanced trading, is it available?

1 Like

Hello @farslan! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello @farslan. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we checked this with our team.

As we transition from Coinbase Pro to Advanced Trade, transfers from Coinbase.com to Pro are no longer available.

While you are unable to transfer funds from coinbase.com to Coinbase Pro, you can still deposit directly to your Coinbase Pro account. Rollout of the Advanced Trade API is expected later this fall, which will not require transfer of funds out of coinbase.com

Thank you!

3 Likes

Would you please explain the procedure for depositing into your Coinbase Pro account as I have been unable to perform this activity even with the help of your customer support staff.

Hello @Coinbase,

It looks like coinbase pro API is already deprecating (removing) features. We can no longer transfer funds from coinbase to coinbase pro. Until the new API is working please re-enable this feature. Also, we would like to request advanced trading api maintain the same capabilities and keep the PORTFOLIOS. This is a great feature and it looks like it might be removed.

We are using both coinbase API and coinbase pro together; we need a unique deposit address and portfolios. For security and fund management we want to separate funds and protect or assets from loss due to any single API key.

Hello @RCK. We understand that you are having issues with depositing funds into your Coinbase Pro account.

To deposit funds into your Coinbase Pro account, you may follow the following steps:

1. Sign in to Coinbase Pro.
  2. Click the Trade tab.
  3. Under Wallet Balance, click Deposit.
  4. Search for, and select the asset you’d like to deposit. Click the deposit method you’d like to use.
  5. Review and select the appropriate destination address.

Also, there’s also a Deposit button under the Portfolios tab.

Additionally, to add a payment method, you may visit this help center site: https://help.coinbase.com/en/pro/getting-started/adding-a-payment-method/adding-a-payment-method

If the issue still persists after this, kindly reply to this thread with the following information:

• steps on how you deposit funds into your Coinbase Pro account
  • a screenshot of the error message you are receiving

Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello @xprocoinpay! We appreciate the feedback and requests. We recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

While we can’t offer any specific timeline for the addition of new features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love.

Thank you!

3 Likes

Riza,

Thank you for your response and I apologize for my long delay in getting back to this. As you can see from the first image below I found the links you were talking about and it looks like I can deposit money from my bank, through Plaide to my “default” Portfolio in CB Pro. So thanks for your help with this.

In the second image I found that all transfers from my CB Advanced Trading portfolio (be they USD or crypto currency) to my CB Pro portfolio are not possible. I’m new to CB so excuse my ignorance, but this “default” portfolio deposit will be available in CB Pro once it is successfully transferred, correct? I’m trying to prevent any more surprises and want to make sure my money is not hodling in the Advanced Trading account while I wait for API support in Advanced Trading. Have you heard any updates on when AT will provide an API? The last I heard was it was pushed to 2023, but no month.

Thanks for your help.
Sincerely,
Bob

Hello @RCK! Regarding your inquiry about the Portfolios on Coinbase Pro, Coinbase is assessing user needs for Portfolios and other advanced features. Please see the following announcement and check our help page regarding this. You may also share any product feedback or requests for Advanced Trade in this survey.

As of now the team is still hard at work on building Retail Advanced Trading API, unfortunately we cannot provide an ETA for the launch date of the Advanced Trade API at this time, but we will post an announcement when we have more details on the launch date. We appreciate your patience and understanding on this matter.

4 Likes