Specifying position side(Long,Short) in coinbase prime api 'Orders'

Hello
I m new to coinbase. I was going through the coinbase prime api documentation. I am interested in creating orders and upon doing so, I wanted to specify the position side to Long, or Short position. How can I do so with the coinbase prime api or any other coinbase apis? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hello @abenezermb! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello @abenezermb! Welcome to the forum! For the details regarding your inquiry, may we know what you meant with creating orders to specify the position side to long, or short position ? Do you mean Margin Trading here? If not, please elaborate what you meant with that statement.

Also, if you are interested in trying Coinbase Prime API, let us give you further information about it. Coinbase Prime is an integrated platform that provides clients with trading, custody, and prime services. To learn more about Coinbase Prime, please visit www.coinbase.com/prime. If you are a new customer and would like to apply, please select “Get Started.” We will ask you to submit an interest form to assess your individual needs and will then follow up with an invitation to our application. You will then be assisted by our Client Services/Institutional Team.

For more detailed information, please visit this help center page. Thank you!

2 Likes