Should I create a new address everytime?

I was playing with the coinbase auth, and the documentation says that an address is meant to be used only once, although I assume coinbase will keep tracking an address for transactions, it would not make sense if they don’t, and if thats so, I don’t see why I should stick to that and create a new address everytime I want to send the user some money, but at the same time I think it is a good to thing to respect whats in the docs, so I need some light here, how you guys approach this? should I really create a new address everytime? I don’t like that idea, and I think its nonsense, but Im not 100% on how to proceed here.

Hello @Paulo. Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking interest in our Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

1 Like

Hello @LaRisa, thanks for you reply, Ill keep in touch

2 Likes

Hello @Paulo! Sorry for the delay in our response.

It is not mandatory but it is recommended to create a new address for every transaction for security reasons. Since cryptocurrency blockchain can be viewed by anyone, it is possible to get tracked if you use only one address for every transaction. Thank you and have a nice day!

2 Likes