Setup APIs in Adv Trade and Portfolios

I use Coinbase Pro portfolios extensively for different strategies. I’ve purchased the same coins multiple times and keep them separated in different folios to preserve the price points. Since Adv Trade isn’t offering folios at this time, when I am forced to move my coins to Coinbase from Pro, all my coins will be mixed. This will completely wipe out my strategies. I’ve read about the APIs in Coinbase so my main question is; Can I use Adv Trade APIs like a folio? Can I essentially set up multiple APIs to act as a folio for each purchase (I’ve got 3 Storj buys at different price points) and move from Pro to that API to keep them separated? When the active price hits my target, can I sell one specific Storj API? I don’t want to get into HIFO, LIFO and FIFO confusion… I want folios or a “work around version” until Adv Trade gets Portfolios.
Thanks

Hello @Hispeed. Welcome to the forum! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

No word yet on an answer or solution?

Hello @Hispeed! We sincerely apologize for the delay in our reply. After checking on your concern with our team, here are our answers in response to your questions:

1. “Can I use Adv Trade APIs like a folio?” - Yes, you can use Adv as Trade APIs like a folio.
  2. “Can I essentially set up multiple APIs to act as a folio for each purchase (I’ve got 3 Storj buys at different price points) and move from Pro to that API to keep them separated?” - It is not mandatory to setup multiple APIs to folio for each purchase.
  3. “When the active price hits my target, can I sell one specific Storj API?” - Yes, you can sell one specific Storj API when the active price hits your target.

We hope we were able to help you regarding your concern. Please do not hesitate to reply to this thread again if you would have any other inquiries in mind. Thank you!

1 Like

@Faker
I appreciate your response but your answer to #2 isn’t clear enough so could you please elaborate more.

Your response: “It is not mandatory to setup multiple APIs to folio for each purchase.” If I purchased Storj on 1 May, 5 May, and 12 Jun at different prices each time as it dropped, once I put Storj in a single API, how do I sell the 5 May purchase only? I have certain strategies that may get screwed up if I don’t do this right or fully understand it. I’ve learned a lot in the last year with Crypto but don’t understand the inner workings of an API. The example above is the same for many other coins I’ve bought so I’d like to have this figured out sooner than later and start figuring it out before I move from Pro to Adv.

Thanks

Hi @Hispeed! Thank you for patiently waiting as we look into this.

As we’ve heard from the relevant teams, Coinbase is already working on a solution regarding your concern. We would like to inform you that Coinbase already took a look into the importance of developing a portfolio feature to better suit our customer’s needs, but please bear with us as we do not have a definite timeline for this yet. In the meantime, please note that access to Coinbase Pro portfolios would not be removed until this is already fixed. You may also visit this section of the Developer’s Forum for announcements shall there be new updates.

We hope this helps. Have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you very much.

A post was split to a new topic: Setup an API query in excel using coinbase cloud API?