Send Money Receipt Path

I have gotten send money feature of your API to work, which I am very appreciative again for all your time and patience here in explaining the correct workflow to get it working properly.

The one final detail I am struggling with is providing a receipt that I can send to the recipient upon the send so that they know it has been sent. I understand that an email is sent, but just in case, I would like to have something on my end so that the user can view and verify for their own edification.

I looked in the official documentation:

But I do not see anything having to do with receipt or URLs. Is this information available somewhere?

Thank you for any continued assistance you can provide.

Hello @Mike-E ! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

3 Likes

Thank you very much @Anonymouse I continue to appreciate all your great care and assistance on this forum. :+1::pray:

2 Likes

Hi @Mike-E! May we know if you have already visited this Notifications documentation that could possibly suit your use case to your existing Notification types? Thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion @BeardMan. I took a look into the list of notification types, but mine appears to be missing. Note that this is for the wallet:transactions:send scope. The closest I can think of is the wallet:deposit:completed event but that is different from a send, correct?

FWIW I do have something close to what I am looking for, and that is I am using the destination account as part of the send: https://www.coinbase.com/accounts/{account}

However, this only shows a list of transactions. What I am looking for is more of a receipt so they can see visit an address of exactly what transpired and when, in case there are any concerns/questions.

Thank you for any continued assistance you can provide.

1 Like

Hi @Mike-E! Unfortunately we only support the notifications listed on the table on this page: Notifications

As of the moment, we’re afraid that we do not have the type of notification you wish to implement. We recommend that you post this in the Feedback Section of the Forum as most new features and improvements to Coinbase come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us.

Thank you so much for your continued support to the Coinbase APIs!

4 Likes

Thank you for your continued support, @Anonymouse. To be 100% certain here, I am not looking for a notification. I understand additional information might be found there, but what I am looking for is a receipt URL that Stripe uses as an example found in the answer here:

And even Coinbase Commerce provides here (under How can I track my order or get a receipt?):

https://help.coinbase.com/en/commerce/getting-started/for-customers

As it sounds that this does not exist for Coinbase Retail, I will open a feedback item as you suggested.

Thank you again for your assistance. :pray:

1 Like

Created here: Add Receipt Path to Coinbase Retail for Send (and other?) Operations

2 Likes