Refunds for Coinbase Commerce Beta?

I see that self-hosted Coinbase Commerce supports refunds, but when looking at transactions in the new Coinbase-hosted (beta) Coinbase Commerce, the refund action is not displayed. Is this a known issue? Is the refund action on the way?

Thank you for any clarification you can provide.

Hello @Mike-E! Thank you for reaching out to us. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Hi @Mike-E! Thank you for the continued support of using Coinbase Commerce.

The option to refund should be available for both self-managed Commerce accounts and Coinbase-managed Commerce accounts. Were you able to review these steps from our help center?

1. Open the transaction you’d like to refund and click Refund payment.
  2. Click Confirm Refund.

Important: You will not be able to cancel a refund, so it’s important that you get the correct destination address.

If you are not seeing this option, we recommend you to create a ticket to further investigate the case.

We hope this helps. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you for the update @bazinga. I can confirm after checking and double-checking all my transactions that refund is not available in any way on them. This is using https://beta.commerce.coinbase.com/

I will open a ticket as suggested. Thank you again!

1 Like

FWIW after talking support it was determined that this feature is NOT available for the new Coinbase-managed beta service. You have to use the established APIs for Exchange and Coinbase Retail:

1. (Coinbase Exchange) purchase value back from a selected/specified market
  2. (Coinbase Exchange) send purchase from previous step to the attached Coinbase Retail Wallet
  3. (Coinbase Retail) use the wallet:transaction:send feature to send the money to a destination