Products and Product APIs - Missing “view_only” property

The following two Advanced Trade API pages for Products/Product:

https://docs.cloud.coinbase.com/advanced-trade-api/reference/retailbrokerageapi_getproducts

https://docs.cloud.coinbase.com/advanced-trade-api/reference/retailbrokerageapi_getproduct

Do not list the following Product property:

view_only

The above property must have been added in the past 48 hours.

In January, I reported that the following property was not listed - and it is still not listed:

fcm_trading_session_details

Do you have a policy for updating the API documentation and announcing API changes?

Do we have to just put up with our applications crashing in order to find out that API changes have been made?

I brought up the view only thing back in Dec, 22 and looks like they just got around to it now:

Looks like there’s hope if you wait long enough.

Still not working, though lol.

1 Like

Hi @mantheakis! Upon calling the List Products endpoint and the Get Products endpoint, we can confirm that the “view_only” and “fcm_trading_session_details” are listed in the responses for both the endpoints. Hence, we would recommend you to try calling for those endpoints and check thoroughly for these properties. If it still does not show in the responses, please send a screenshot of the response from the API call. Also, we shall let the internal team know to update the documents with these properties as well. Furthermore, we have itemised your inquiries and provided a response for each to be able to assist you further:

• Do you have a policy for updating the API documentation and announcing API changes - You may track any changes in the Changelog section of the document. Also, you may report or suggest feedbacks or feature requests here in the developer forum, and we will be responsible in escalating your concern to our internal teams.

• Do we have to just put up with our applications crashing in order to find out that API changes have been made? - We really appreciate your support by using our Coinbase products and for sharing to us your feedback. Rest assured that most new features and improvements to our products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to us. While we can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, we are constantly working to build products our customers will love. You may bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of this page to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud or check the announcements page of our Developer Forum.

We hope we were able to help with regard to your concern. Please do not hesitate to reach back to us if you have any other inquiries in mind.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have subscribed for email updates, as suggested.

If your developers can send notifications about API changes - even simple, cursory alerts - it would be useful.

The Java code I use fails if the response content from CB endpoints does not match a pre-configured JSON template that has been copied from your API documentation and mapped to a Java class.

I can set the code to simply ignore new fields - but that would mean potentially missing out on important (useful) changes as time passes :slight_smile:

Heigh-ho