Product-Trades not present in Advanced-Api

two issues:

1. in Exchange/Pro API, there was : Get product trades | Coinbase Cloud
    which had before & after additional parameters , which are not present in AdvancedApi: Get Market Trades | Coinbase Cloud

This is regress. please add those parameters back.

1. the ExchangePro API was public, i.e.: https://api.pro.coinbase.com/products/BTC-USDT/trades

but the new one is not public: https://api.coinbase.com/api/v3/brokerage/products/BTC-USD/tickers or https://www.coinbase.com/api/v3/brokerage/products/ETH-USDT/candles?granularity=FIFTEEN_MINUTE
this is another regress. I understand that trading should be restricted per region, but public data should be public. Our multiple apps start breaking after we tried to migrate to new API. All other exchanges have it public.

4 Likes

Hello @ttodua! Thank you for taking an interest in trying out Coinbase APIs. For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

2 Likes

Yeah this is kind of a problem. Its been 9 days is there any info yet.

I’m curious if the authentication trade-off is actually worth it for Coinbase. I get that authentication gives them control over who can connect, and mitigates the amount of people who are just leaching off a service without doing anything that brings in profit for Coinbase.

But,

If I have say, 1000 users on an app on a single server, I now have to make 1000 connections to Coinbase when it could have just been one. I can’t rely on one account providing data for everyone because of API permission issues and rate limits. So now the connection stress on BOTH my server and Coinbase is 1000x what it could have been with a public endpoint.

I just gotta wonder if it’s worth it.

@Lioness please provide some update to my 2 questions.

Hello, @ttodua! Apologies for the late response. Regarding your first query about the before and after parameters not being present in the Advanced Trade Get Market Trades endpoint, we’re still in the process of clarifying this with the internal teams.

With regard to your second query and to answer @Urza and @jmicko’s concern, authentication and authorization is implemented to control usage and security. Advanced Trade API will continue to require authentication for the API calls. It has just been confirmed with the internal teams that you need to authenticate to view the streams. Advanced Trade API will continue to operate this way as of now. This applies to public endpoints and channels.

Thank you for understanding!

1 Like

Hello, @ttodua! Thank you so much for patiently waiting while we look into this. Unfortunately, before & after parameters in Get Market Trades endpoint is not something we currently offer. However, I’ve logged this as a feature request. Most new features and improvements to Coinbase products come directly from feedback like yours, so it’s very valuable to them. While Coinbase can’t offer any specific timeline for adding features, they are constantly working to build products that their customers will love.

If you want to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud, you can also bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of the page: https://www.coinbase.com/cloud/discover

We appreciate your understanding. If there is anything we can further assist you with, please let us know.

Yes, please push that basic request - otherwise your update is REGRESS (not a progress) in terms of the functionality - without BEFORE/AFTER parameters, we are just unable to get any historical entries - Think about it just for two seconds !

I must agree. Without the ability to query historical sets of trades:

• Streams of trade data cannot be accurately constructed between historical and live data. (This was part of the strategy outlined by Coinbase Pro documentation.)

• Computation of candle data is limited to time-based intervals only. Candles cannot be constructed based on any other type of interval (trade counts, volume, Renko, etc) without dedicated endpoints or historical trade-level data.

• Trading strategies cannot be backtested against historical data.

• Price-by-volume and other chart interpretations cannot be computed.

Dear support, @Mamoshi27 ,
please let us know about this issue. It’s important factor, and your new api shouldnt regress and break existing applications, which depended on previous api !

Hi @ttodua! We apologize if we currently do not have updates yet regarding this matter. Nonetheless, we are pleased to inform you and @thefellow3j that your concerns have been duly noted as a feedback/feature request with our internal teams and is subject for evaluation before actual implementation.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

@ereeca15
I don’t ask for immediate implementation, just I want to know any of their thoughts/feedbacks, what they think - do they recognize the problem, have they read the inquiry at all, or they read and are not going to add it? just some words from them, why is that so hard?

Hi @ttodua ! We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you. However, as previously mentioned, your concerns have been noted as a feature request with our internal teams. While we cannot make any guarantees that your ideas will be implemented, we appreciate the thoughtful ideas you put forth. Please note that our internal product and engineering teams are committed to reviewing each item. Unfortunately, we will be unable to provide direct feedback to each of your requests. Rest assured that we will give updates once available.

We hope for your understanding and patience as we try to accommodate all of your feedback and concerns. Have a great day ahead!

1 Like

@PochiiKun what is the status on this issue? I’m seeing an upper limit of 100 trades on this endpoint no matter the ?limit= value I supply. Is 100 going to be the max value? Or is there some sort of pagination value I’m not seeing? I’m not sure how far back i need to go just yet, but id like to see this limit at least go to 1000, if not higher.

this is ridiculous how all feature requests, including such critically needed requests are being ignored for such a long time. almost an year passes and no word about “planned” or not (not to dream about fix) is mentioned.

Hey, I totally agree with @ttodua ! That missing function in the API is super useful, and I really need it too. Any idea when you guys are gonna fix it?