OAuth Mobile Custom URI Redirect support

Hi,

I want to implement “Sign in With Coinbase” on a mobile app using a Custom URI redirect (e.g., see OAuth Google). An example would be com.googleusercontent.apps.123:redirect_uri_path.

When I tried to register a Custom URI on the Application Page, it fails saying “Redirect URI must be an absolute URI. Redirect URI Invalid redirect uri.”

Can you consider adding support for custom URIs?

Thanks!

Hello @da4kc0medy! Welcome to the Forum! Thank you for taking interest in trying out our Coinbase Products.

We understand that you want to add a Custom Redirect URIs on your OAuth2 Application. For this case, you may try to set the redirect_uri to a special value urn:ietf:wg:oauth:2.0:oob when registering a new OAuth2 Application.

You may refer to Mobile integration to know more.

We hope this helps. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @Lioness, thanks for your response!

This method was recently deprecated by Google and I do not think it is even supported by commonly used mobile OAuth libraries such as AppAuth. How do you propose developers integrate this unique OAuth flow? I also noticed that Coinbase Mobile SDKs are marked as “deprecated” on the Github page.

Thanks!

Hi @da4kc0medy! We apologize for the late response. According to our internal team, It seems it might not be possible for you to custom URI redirect now since the GitHub repository for coinbase-android-sdk has been archived. However, we can get this updated in the documentation. You may bookmark the following webpage and subscribe to email updates at the bottom of this page to stay up to date on the latest from Coinbase Cloud or check the announcements page of our Developer Forum. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes