Noobie Help call

Setting up trading bot on Coinrule, want to try them out. Getting API is easy enough, but only gives key, secret key. I can’t find a passcode, Coinrule wants a passcode. perplexed, but thankful for your help

Hello @RayWestbrook ! Thank you for taking an interest in our Coinbase API services. We understand that you are setting up a trading bot on Coinrule but you are unable to find the Passphrase (which you referred to as Passcode), hence allow us to explain why you are only seeing the Key and Secret Key when generating your API details.

First, let us clear out a few items for you. Advanced Trade which is under Coinbase.com replaces Coinbase Pro as our advanced trading platform, intended for a more experienced trader. It offers a secure and easy way to buy, sell, and trade digital assets online across various trading pairs. In short, Advanced Trade and Coinbase Pro are different products of Coinbase with different types of authentication. Coinbase Pro has API Key, API Secret, and Passphrase as a set of authorizations while Advanced Trade only has API Key and API Secret. This is the reason why there is no Passphrase included when generating your API details using Advanced Trade.

With all these details, we want to inform you that upon checking, Coinrule only supports the connection of Coinbase Pro from Coinbase as its cryptocurrency exchange platform as of this moment. This is why it requires you to generate Passphrase, API Key, and Secret Key. Please note that Coinbase Pro (including Pro APIs) will be fully sunsetted in 2023 after all customers have migrated to the new Advanced Trade. We would like to clarify that you can still create an API Key in Coinbase Pro with trading permissions if your account has not yet been migrated to Advanced Trade. However, users must note that API Keys will no longer work as it will be limited to read-only permissions once it is successfully migrated considering the foreseen sunsetting of Coinbase Pro.

Please note that although we provide direct assistance to customer’s queries on our Coinbase Cloud APIs and developer products, we are unable to initiate conversations with third-party trading platforms. We also cannot provide specific API information that will enable the link between Advanced Trade and other bot platforms. In the meantime, we recommend you to reach out to the external crypto trading company you will be integrating with regarding the usage of Advanced Trade APIs as cryptocurrency exchange in that trading platform.

We hope this helps! If you have further questions or clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach out back to us again.

1 Like

Thank you, for suck a complete response. Clarity is extremely valuable. I will seek other means to accomplish my goal. With PRO, being phased out, I don’t want to go there.
Thank you for your very professional response.
Ray

Hi @RayWestbrook! We’re always happy to help. If you need anything else in the future, please feel free to let us know. Have a great day!