Node.js request module getting ETIMEDOUT and ESOCKETTIMEDOUT

Hello I am having issues when I execute this request
account.getTransactions({ limit: 50, order: “desc”, starting_after: startingAfter }, (err, tx) => {
if (err) {
reject(err)
}
resolve(tx);
});
About a few weeks ago I am receiving this error when I try to get all the transactions of my wallet:
Error:
ESOCKETTIMEDOUT
at ClientRequest. (/node_modules/request/request.js:813:19)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.is:420:28)
at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:314:20)
at ClientRequest.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js:483:12)
at LegacyContextManager.runInContext(/node_modules/newrelic/lib/context-manager/legacy-context-manager.js:59:23)
at ClientRequest.wrapped(/node_modules/newreic/lib/transaction/tracer/index.js:204:371
at ClientRequest.wrappedRequestEmit(/node.
at TLSSocket.emitRequestTimeout(_http_client.js:715:9)
_modules/newrelic/lib/instrumentation/core/http-outbound.js:146:26)
at Object.onceWrapper (events.js:420:28)
at TLSSocket.emit (events.js:326:22)
at TLSSocket.EventEmitter.emit (domain.js: 483:12)
at /node_modules/newrelic/lib/shim/shim.js:1314:22
at LegacyContextManager.runInContext(/node_modules/newrelic/lib/context-manager/legacy-context-manager.js:59:23)
at Shim.applySegment
(/node_modules/newrelic/ib/shim/shim.js:1304:25)
at TLSSocket.wrapper [as emit] (/node_modules/newrelic/lib/shim/shim.js:1916:171
at TLSSocket. Socket. onTimeout (net.js:483:8)
code: 'ESOCKETTIMEDOUT
connect. talse
ERROR DIGEST (2022-06-23T15:02:42.380Z): ESOCKETTIMEDOUT,/node_modules/request/request.js, LINE: 813, COLUMN:

Can somebody help me? I could not find why now I get this error

Hi @drojas87, welcome to Coinbase Developers Forum!

You posted your concern here in the Exchange/Pro API section but it looks like that you are using the Transactions API endpoint for Sign in with Coinbase. Can you confirm if you are indeed using Sign in with the Coinbase Transactions endpoint?

We would like to know if the issue still persists? Additionally, are you calling other Coinbase API endpoints aside from the transactions endpoint? If so, are they also returning an error message?

Lastly, are you using the Coinbase Node SDK(Deprecated)?

Hi @HakunaMatata, thanks for replay to me, let me reply to you:

• yes I am using the Transactions API endpoint
  • yes the issue persists only with that function, I use getAccount and sendMoney and that continues working
  • yes I use nodejs var Client = require(‘coinbase’).Client;
1 Like

Hello @drojas87, please correct us if we are wrong but we think you are using the Node SDK that is linked here. If this is the case, we currently don’t have any SDKs that are officially supported by Coinbase for Sign in With Coinbase.

Because of this, unfortunately, we are unable to assist any further. You may be able to find a resolution to your problem on these similar StackOverflow posts:

2 Likes