Node.js API Reference Implementation

Hello Coinbase Team,

In your API examples I can see that there seems to be a Node.js API:

const sdk = require('api')('@coinbase-exchange/v1.0#qgumw1pl3iz4yut');

Can you tell me from where I can get it? It doesn’t seem to be publicly available on npm.

Hello @bennycode , Welcome to the community! For the details regarding your concern, we will check on this for you with our team to see how we can best assist. We will get back to you once we have more information. Keep in touch!

Hello @bennycode! We currently don’t have any SDKs that are officially supported by Coinbase for Exchange/Pro. As an alternative, to get started/find example code, you may start your integration by utilizing other (unsupported) SDKs. However, Coinbase may not be able to support and guarantee when using this unsupported SDKs.

We would also like to apologize for any misleading information in our documentation site. Rest assured that we are on the process of updating it. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answer. Then I will stick with my own Coinbase Node.js API.

Alternatively, I can generate an API client from your provided OpenAPI Specification (OAS): https://dash.readme.com/api/v1/api-registry/qgumw1pl3iz4yut

4 Likes

Hello @bennycode! Thank you for reaching out and joining our community!

3 Likes

Hi all,

Sorry to bump this old post but I have been looking at doing some work with the API and ideally don’t want to re-invent the wheel when it comes to an SDK. I found a few 3rd party options (including yours @bennycode!) as well as a few deprecated CB packages. I noticed you mention the API generator based on OpenAPI / ReadMe above and in your 3rd Party SDK.

Benny’s selling point for not using the API this way is that it:

does not support typings for response payloads

but from investigation I see that the api docs allow for a TS safe pre-gen option.

While there are some good 3rd party options, it makes sense to go to the source when possible. However, the UUID Benny found is stale, and for Exchange/Pro whereas the supported option is to use Advanced Trade. I have been unable to find any way to find the OpenAPI spec for this API, even though the docs looks to be generated with ReadMe. Is the API still using OpenAPI and can we access the spec.json?

Thanks for your time,
Jareth

Hi @JustJarethB! Thank you for posting. For your questions, we have asked the concerned team regarding it. We’ll get back to you once we have an update. Keep in touch!